New Limited Edition Grey with Gold HW Bag!!

The other colors (2014 F/W):

• Rose Ambre - beats me how the heck Balenciaga even came up with this name because there is no Rose in this color IMO! It is a very bright Orange with just a hint (and I mean hint) of a Red undertone. I saw it with the regular HW; I definitely think this looks the best with the Gold HW.
  • Bleu Persian - very pretty, a soft medium blue with a hint of Teal undertones to it. Looks especially nice with the Gold HW as it provides a good contrast and makes the color look darker. It is very similar to Atlantique (F/W 2011).
  • Gris Aluminum - I like this very much, and it definitely is not like the Metallics of the past. Would it show wear over time .. of course, just like other Balenciaga bags (corners, buckles) .. but they did a good job with incorporating the metallic directly into the leather as opposed to a "coating". As far as Hardware, I saw all three .. and I would have to say that I kind of like the *pop* of the Gold HW against the stark silver, but the regular HW looks good too. The Silver HW made it look too blah IMO.
Quite honestly, the others .. Bleu Opal, Jaune Moutard and the Pink were nothing to write home about. The Bleu Opal is a light "powder" Blue and the Jaune Moutard is a mustard Yellow (which Balenciaga did not too long ago). The Pink? .. it's a pretty true-on Pink; I'm not a pastel person so it doesn't do anything for me.

Next on the CeeJay parade; a reveal of my Silver Ltd Edition Calfskin/Veau City!! :woohoo::yahoo:

Not 100% sure about 'wear' yet, but I can tell you as the owner of a number of Hamilton (Chevre) bags, they are WONDERFUL as they age. The leather softens and frankly, these bags can take the wear & tear a heck of a lot better than the current Agneau bags!

I'll be getting my Calfskin (Veau) bag shortly (hopefully), and will let everyone know how it fares ..

I can't wait to see your pictures and hear your thoughts!:biggrin:

Okay .. back from my reconnaissance mission and saw all 3 Ltd Edition Calfskin (Veau) bags:

• Grey/Silver - is by far the winner. Because of the light grey background, the shadowing looks more pronounced and the leather looks so pebbly. The Silver HW is perfect for this bag (although as a gold lover, I think it would have looked kinda nice with Gold too!)
  • Brown/Bronze - is a very, very, very (fonce) dark Brown. Because of this, you can't really see the shadowing and the leather looks pretty much like the Hamilton leather. The HW is actually a Champagne Gold as opposed to a brighter gold. IMO .. they should have done a bright gold to 'brighten' up this bag. Can't say I was a fan ..
  • Green - one word for this: FUGLY!!! It is so dark and with the shadowing, seriously .. all I could think was something that rose up from the swamp!! The shade of Green is weird; kind of a mixture of pine green & dark Olive green .. it's just NOT pretty at all. This also comes with the Champagne HW; I'm not sure that even the Gold HW would look good on this. I suspect this one will be seen on the "Sales" tables.

Thanks for sharing all your insight! It is a big help:smile: a Can't wait to see your new bag!

Okay .. back from my reconnaissance mission and saw all 3 Ltd Edition Calfskin (Veau) bags:

• Grey/Silver - is by far the winner. Because of the light grey background, the shadowing looks more pronounced and the leather looks so pebbly. The Silver HW is perfect for this bag (although as a gold lover, I think it would have looked kinda nice with Gold too!)
  • Brown/Bronze - is a very, very, very (fonce) dark Brown. Because of this, you can't really see the shadowing and the leather looks pretty much like the Hamilton leather. The HW is actually a Champagne Gold as opposed to a brighter gold. IMO .. they should have done a bright gold to 'brighten' up this bag. Can't say I was a fan ..
  • Green - one word for this: FUGLY!!! It is so dark and with the shadowing, seriously .. all I could think was something that rose up from the swamp!! The shade of Green is weird; kind of a mixture of pine green & dark Olive green .. it's just NOT pretty at all. This also comes with the Champagne HW; I'm not sure that even the Gold HW would look good on this. I suspect this one will be seen on the "Sales" tables.

I saw all 3 and fell instantly in love with the Grey/Silver version and it was on sale at Reebonz a couple days ago (sold out quickly) but I didn't get it then cos I wanted time to think whether this would be a suitable first Bal for me. Looking forward to your reveal!

^^ What??? .. it was on sale on Reebonz?????

They usually don't have current stock; that's very interesting. However, I don't find that their prices are much of a sale for those in the US.

^^ What??? .. it was on sale on Reebonz?????

They usually don't have current stock; that's very interesting. However, I don't find that their prices are much of a sale for those in the US.
Was shocked to see it on Rue La La Saturday too (their descriptions are always wrong :rolleyes: )

ScreenShot2014-08-23at10431PM.png

.. and very interesting, the title of this thread is correct! The hardware is actually "Champagne Gold", a light gold .. which looks fantastic against the Grey/Silver tones of this bag.

I'm in LOVE! .. :loveeyes: :heart: :love: :heart: :hbeat: this bag!!!