New Emerald Jewel!

Bridget S.

Apr 27, 2006
Seeing the Emeralds in 'bama's S/S 06 bag show 'n tell thread, made me realise how much I wanted one. When I first saw the Balenciagas in May of 06, there was an Emerald Day and I loved the colour, not the style of the bag, I am a Twiggy girl, and they had the Cornflower Twiggy and I loved it as well. I would have been there far, far longer if they had had an Emerald and a Cornflower Twiggy. Both my SA Debbie and I should thank my lucky stars they didn't, I would still be standing in front of the two of them trying to make up my mind!! I bought the Cornflower and still love her, but the Emerald is just beautiful.

On Friday I called around, found that BalNY and Aloha Rag had them in, but I wanted to choose my own bag, so I took a shot and called Neiman Marcus in Bal Harbour, Miami, FL to see if they had it. They had two, so Mayra held them both for me to look at. I left home at 7pm, knowing they closed at 9pm. I live about 40 - 50 miles away, however I got lost, landed up on South Beach going south, way wrong direction. I am on 18th street, I call NM to find out which is their cross street. 96th. 96th??? 96th!!! It's 8:25 and I have 25 minutes to go 78 blocks with lights?!? So I raced and made it!!

The emeralds were beautiful! One more veiny and even in tone than the other. They had a lovely selection of Balenciagas. They had Blueberry, Sapin, Grenat, Ink (which was a deep purple in their lights), Truffle, 06 Camel/ Cognac in all different styles, as well as other Balenciagas, the hook bags, the bag that the Apple Garde messed up in another thread - very beautiful in person! All beautiful. I had come for the Emerald, but almost chose between that and the Camel/ Cognac and the Truffle was gorgeous. I just figured they release some variation on brown every season, the Emerald is here now.

So here are pictures of her. I love the veininess, and will love her more when she is less shiny (it's happening to my Rouille). I still have to Apple Garde her.

Pictures 1 and 2 were taken in direct sunlight, Picture 3 was taken in shaded sunlight, Picture 4 was taken in flourescent light with natural light over my shoulder.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Attachments

• Emerald Twiggy 01.jpg
    Emerald Twiggy 01.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Emerald Twiggy 02.jpg
    Emerald Twiggy 02.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Emerald Twiggy 03.jpg
    Emerald Twiggy 03.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Emerald Twiggy 04.jpg
    Emerald Twiggy 04.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 95
I LOVE it!!! I never got to see the emerald IRL b/c the Barney's where I am didn't order that color! I finally saw the emerald in the weekender and first at another store (Gretta Luxe) a few weeks ago and fell in love with the color!!! It is TDF!!! If they had it in a city or work I would have bought it in a heart beat!

LOVE your story leading up to the purchase,, Bridget!! cute... I'm so glad you found your dream emerald Twiggy!! She's a real beauty. :love: Thanks for taking all the pics of her to share with us. The emerald color is fabulous and I love it in the Twiggy style !! Congratulations!! :flowers:

Ohhh bridget! Your twiggy collection is multiplying very fast! And I love every single one of them! Emerald is soooo pretty, gorgeous, striking, yet soothing, love it! And thanks for sharing your story too, always enjoy reading them :yes: