'Negotiating' the price of Caresse d'orchidées down at Cartier boutique

bebe
yes basically that is how it works at rue de la paix paris. we were quoted a price and then my exhusband started to negotiate it and at the end we got around 25% but that applies only for haute joaillerie in the private salons. and the caresse line is (with the exeption of a few pieces that are all sold btw and never appeared on their website) not haute joallierie its a regular mass produced line ;) and as far as i know there are either no or only very little discounts on that lines. it is part of the cartie policy not to offer enormous discounts as they think these lower the image of the brand and is unfair against customers willing to pay full price if others that are good in talking about discounts get 20 30 40 %

Bee...Bee said:
lol Greentea, dilemma for the day – they both come up around the same, which way would you go if you get either today?:

1) ~1.20 carat ruby + diamonds adding up to ~3.50 carat orchid ring
2) 28cm Kelly as hors d’oeuvre, a diamond encrusted 35 cm Birkin with some spare cash for tri-fold Bearn portefeuille for dessert all naturally in shiny porosus.

Unfortunately for me, I can’t go down the Hermès path because I look bad with exotics:yucky: and completely broke anyway:lol: . After this, no more wishing for Hermès and no more jewellery for a long…… time either because I think that this will be my ‘killer’ set for the next 31 years (assuming I live to 60:smile: ).

Lilach, THANK YOU very much but can you tell what do you mean by ‘or basically not a discount you just argument the prices out with them personally’? Do you mean I have to trash it out with them on the individual basis right then and it’s just down to our rhetoric to get a 20% discount?

Coldplaylover, I am actually thinking of getting a new LeSportsac bag just for the Qee itself, it's so CUTE. My 7% discount on the Tonneau was from the Cartier boutique at Sloane Street in London (I am certain I spoke to the manager because he was past 40 and he said he was also taking a course in gemology and a normal employee surely cannot do that). The offer of 5% on Trinity ring is from the Cartier boutique in Bangkok and my mum's 40% discount was also from a Cartier boutique in Singapore.

P.S. Can I also ask does Caresse fall into High Jewellery? I’m uncertainly sure that it doesn’t because the ring I’ve been describing to Greentea is £49,000 but I’ve seen some unreal High Jewellery bling at 43 carat going for £490,000; in London Cartier has a separate boutique for this. A girl can dream…sigh
Bee - how much exactly is that orchid ring with the canary diamonds, pave leaves and rubies?
I think at this point, I'd take the bags but, oooohhh I love that ring!

Greentea said:
:amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

Okaaaaaay, I'll just stick to bags for now. Thanks, lilach!

i3179h005220.jpg

Sorry I was thinking about a different one with no canary diamonds, this 'basic' one to start your collection off:roflmfao: Using Reuters conversion, around $90,000 (€71,800 in Paris and £49,500 in London) BUT only $79,870 in Singapore!! (another reason not to buy in the West) Sigh...a girl can dream, would have to settle for an LV flower instead :yucky:

I don't know about the canary one but lilach is probably right.

lilach thank you again for your help, I really appreciate it. Do you own any Caresse d’Orchidée pieces?

We’ll be preparing the quoted amount and hoping for the best. The reason I asked is because at the end of the phone conversation, the lady at the other end offered ‘We’ll settle further discussions later’ so hopefully there really are ‘discussions.’

P.S. Any more suggestions from anyone on how we should go about this ‘discussion’ will really be appreciated.

OOh, that orchid ring is gorgeous! The other one I was talking about is the first item on the Caresse section of the Cartier website. It's a little larger and has a yellow canary diamond petal...

bee bee
no i don´t i had my eye on a fabulous piece made of 5 strands of cabochon rubies and a huge orchid in front made of diamond pavé and dropping pearshaped rubies and diamonds but then i got handed down my divorce papers :lol: but i do own some cartier haute joaillerie and also regular line pieces ;)
oh btw what is the necklace you are interested in ?

Drool...(My jaw is touching my notebook keyboard right now) 5 strands of ruby cabochons... I'll probably try to kidnap you if I see your High Jewellery pieces:roflmfao: .

Can you spare some change to those in need:cry: ...I’m only going for a 1 diamond strand with 1 orchid pavé with a pear-shaped rubellite and the matching earrings. They cost roughly S$190,000 ($120,000) and S$128,000 ($80,000)...hang on, what currency do we want to deal in; £ makes everything acceptable (£109,000) but even so I DARE NOT imagine how much is 5 strands of proper rubies with enough diamonds to fill a cereal bowl going to cost even in £!! I’m speechless...:shocked:

untitled13ri1.jpg

The only good thing about this one , I’ve been told, is that if you want to change the rubellite to a briolette-cut diamond or extend the strand afterwards (I've got a really, really deep 'killer' LBD for this :P if one wants to take it on because apparently you can go to a 20+ strand) then they may do it for you. But alas not this year or maybe even never; just as it is the 'standard' set has already burnt through almost half of our bonuses last year. I don’t even want to ask how much is a briolette diamond:Push:

Greentea the one you want looks even better! I’ve been shown a chic thing to do with Caresse which can probably be used with any flower ring, you wear it on your little finger instead and rest it on the side of your hand and the Caresse ring will perfectly wrap around the side going on to your palm. Opulence does not get much better than this . May be lilach can spare us $180,000 so we can get one each:roflmfao:.

Oh, today is the start of the World Cup, what are your contingency plans, ladies? I had to promise my fiancé that I will not nag himwhile there is football going on in the TV, LOL.

manolo maven, thank you as well for the information giving me some hope, I need lots of it:P.

Stores in Singapore sometimes give discounts if you use a certain credit card or if you hold a PPS (Singapore Air) membership. Just flat out ask. I got 20% off my Jorge Jensen rings and a friend got 15 or 20% at Balenciaga. We also got 20% off my Baume & Mercier watch in Ngee Anne City (where Cartier is). Just ask them what their best price is.

BTW - love the set!!!! Hubba hubba!

lilach said:
bee bee
no i don´t i had my eye on a fabulous piece made of 5 strands of cabochon rubies and a huge orchid in front made of diamond pavé and dropping pearshaped rubies and diamonds but then i got handed down my divorce papers :lol: but i do own some cartier haute joaillerie and also regular line pieces ;)
oh btw what is the necklace you are interested in ?

I love this necklace! :love:

lilach your Taihitian pearl choker is stunning you better not meet me because I am going to kidnap you:roflmfao: . I've been told that the best peacock green black pearls should look like ballbearings because of its extremely high lustre (sorry but I can even see your silhouette standing in front of a window on the pearl reflection) and yours definitely look like some serious ballbearings:roflmfao:

I was thinking of taking a photo of the one I am wearing right now to work today but I think I'll just be making a fool of myself because my white Mikimoto is a 12mm at most and it's only an AA and your smallest one is 12+mm and at this rate it is probably AAA as well (or whatever is the best grade by the Tahitian system).:roflmfao:

I'm sorry this is what every girl should be aiming for, not Hermès Birkins nor Kellys (I managed to get my mits on one of each and a Sac à Dépêche Evitrière and that's enough for me but then my favourite bag is the ever-functional Longchamp:greengrin:smile:. I've read in the other thread where you said that sheikhas get priority over the bags, so what; I would never want a porosus croc instead of my Tonneau watch!!! Bags are majestic but jewellery is divine:angel: and diamonds are definitely a girl's best friend :king:.

Ladies, I think you should definitely post more pics of your High Jewellery collections, or just any of your jewelry, because I LOVE looking at and drooling over them! I can only live vicariously through you.

Lilach, your pearls are GORGEOUS!! I can see your reflection too.