Need your help RIGHT NOW! PLEASE?

I agree with everyone, the apartment certainly sounds like the wise choice....plus I hate small cramped areas...and although the studio sounds great and is in your price range...i would ultimately be disappointed later on that I didn't go with the apartment.

Hmm , I lived in a studio for five years w/ my BF , and it was great ! Really ! It was 2000 square feet , though . Essentialy a warehouse spce w/ 25 ft. ceilings . I had a ton of extra money when we lived there because , as you said , utilities included . When the gas bills are high that is a huge savings ! I'd say studio ... especially if you live alone !!

Well, I decided to go with the apartment! It just felt right. I will move in tomorrow, so it's going to be a VERY busy day! I am excited and scared at the same time. It is all very new to me but I have to start being independent at some point, right? I will miss living with people...LOL. I basically never had my own room, so this is going to be a HUGE change for me. I guess what scares me the most is the fact of being alone? I can't have a lot of visitors because the parking is VERY small and you can't park on the street. But I guess I'll get used to it, especially since I am working full time and thinking about getting a part-time job on weekends.

I am glad that I don't have to buy a lot of stuff. I am going to get furniture from some of my older friends, who have moved on to better quality furniture and are getting rid of their old stuff. So, when I have to move next time (hopefully my own place), I won't have to worry about moving everything I own with me. Once I get tired of it or it breaks, I won't have to worry too much about it.

Thank you for all your responses. You are all a GREAT help!!!!! Thanks!

I live in a studio right now and have for the past 4.5 years. Believe me, if I were anywhere but NYC, I'd have gone for a one bedroom apartment. My next goal is to find an affordable one bedroom and the fact that my studio is so huge is the only thing that has made it bearable. As soon as my finances improve, I'll see what my financial picture is and plan my next move. You made the right choice!

Such a good choice - my friend lived in a studio apartment and found it really claustophobic - she hated the fact that her clothes smelt of food and when she put the washing machine on she couldn't hear the TV!

Good luck with you move:flowers: