Need recommendations for designer work bag with room for laptop

I would recommend brands that are known for their conservative/understated styles like Hugo Boss, Bally or Salvatore Ferragamo. I have the Bally Sommet and Ferragamo Nolita, and both are large enough to hold my laptop + shoes + all other necessities!

Also, just to share some exciting news with you ladies, my sister is starting a contemporary leather goods line of her own - especially made for working women! She is aiming for a January 2017 launch. If you have 3 mins to spare, I think she'd really appreciate any feedback you have: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PXNPX7Y

MCM Milla, sounds perfect. The large size fits a 13 inch laptop (15" at a squeeze) and it doesn't deform or become misshapen, no issues with loading it up with things and it's got plenty of space in it. I take mine to uni with my laptop, charger, a few notebooks as well as a wallet, makeup bag and an umbrella or sometimes a scarf of hat depending on the weather. The shoulder strap makes it very easy to carry and it doesn't look out of place at uni or at my very corporate summer job.

Beautiful quality leather and it's incredibly well made; every single piece of hardware is embossed with MCM, the stitching is perfect and despite using public transport to get everywhere it's not even scratched, marked or scuffed. It doesn't have the brand recognition of Chanel/LV ect but I get so many compliments on it. More than I do with any of my big brand bags.

Are you looking for a tote in particular? (Based on the two options you were considering)

If so, and if budget wasn't an issue, I'd second the LV Lockme Cabas! Incredibly versatile, classic and professional looking, with lots of colour options. Or else Tory Burch is an affordable alternative, I don't own any but from what I've heard, quality and sturdiness is generally not an issue.

I know you've ruled out the mono NF, but have you considered the epi version? More structured and not too flashy.

Dior panarea is a nice option too. Classic cannage quilting, lightweight, structured and roomy.

The Chanel GST is a (more expensive) option, which is also structured and more formal.

I also like the Celine belt and trapeze bags. Celine also have the more utilitarian cabas tote, which is functional and made of very luxe leather, but very plain and not very structured.

Tbh, for me, I use totes to "tote" stuff around i.e when I need to carry a ton of stuff, so weight is a big factor for me. That's why I will probably always go for a canvas/lightweight tote like the canvas nf, goyard st louis, or dior panarea. I don't know if that's a factor for you, but I think you should consider the weight of the bag itself, as these leather totes are always heavier (when empty) than their canvas counterparts.

I have this question too. I'm also worried about buying a beautiful bag that will only be destroyed with the weight of my laptop and extras. If anyone has a tried and true laptop bag/brand, please share! I've been considering getting a custom bag so I can request that they do some extra reinforcements…

Otherwise, Ill probably just buy an ugly but durable backpack [emoji53]
Massacessi handbag is a wonderful choice, you can custom it too. Check out the thread here.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19