Need help with red LePilage tote color match

historygal

Jul 4, 2012
I've had a large red nylon LePilage tote with beige lining for a couple of years. I believe this color was part of Longchamp's permanent color collection for a number of years. I don't know the official name, but I think some retail online sites called it "deep red." I was looking to add a cosmetic pouch in the same red, and couldn't find deep red on Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, etc. Does anyone know if this color has been discontinued?

I did find two other reds on these sites. One is garnet and the other is garance. Neither have the beige lining. That would be OK if the reds match. Garner looks to maroon, but does anyone know if the garance matches my older red bag? I don't have a store nearby that carries Longchamp to compare in person.

Thanks.

I'm not a pliage color expert at all, but unfortunately I don't think your deep red bag will match either garnet (which is like a burgundy) or red garrance (which is brighter). See pic below from another member glitter pixie from the "LP comparisons" thread. I think deep red is not available this season.

IMG_1985.JPG

Reactions: historygal
Whilst I love the idea of matching accessories to bags, may I suggest color blocking or choosing another color of your preference for contrast? LC makes a lot of fun colors and whilst some colors might not work for your wardrobe in terms of bags but you can still have a dose of the color in accessories, and in this case the cosmetic case is a good option to either try out the color or if you love the color but do not fancy it in a bag. In my case, it was pink. I love the color but I know I can't make pink bags work for me so I got the cosmetic case in Cyclamen (a bright pink) instead. Just an opinion though. :smile:

Thank you so much for all the helpful feedback and the picture comparing deep red and red granace. Both are very nice reds. While I was hoping to find a deep red cosmetic pouch in the same color to match my bag, I'm actually planning on using it in my Speedy b 25 mesquite in the de print, but thought it could do double duty in my Longchamp if I could find a matching red to the bag I already own. I may buy a red granance from Bloomies online, and then keep my eye out for a deep red on the Bay.

Whilst I love the idea of matching accessories to bags, may I suggest color blocking or choosing another color of your preference for contrast? . :smile:

I love the idea of color blocking and want to do this picture in reverse... a red cosmetic bag with my Speedy b in de. I love the brown and red together. But if the different reds won't be together, I think I'll try the updated Longchamp red with the LV de print.

IMG_1476888910.447982.jpg

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I'm not a pliage color expert at all, but unfortunately I don't think your deep red bag will match either garnet (which is like a burgundy) or red garrance (which is brighter). See pic below from another member glitter pixie from the "LP comparisons" thread. I think deep red is not available this season.

View attachment 3496840

Thank you for posting a comparison pic. This helped and both reds are really pretty!