Need help with CL Sizing - specifically Decollette

Thanks harlem. If I were buying them, I would be buying them in the 40/40.5, so those have to go on sale then. So $450 is still a fairly decent deal then, right? Like I said, I'm in no rush to purchase them.

Also, the tortoise ones fit the same way as these correct? I think they are from the same line. Sorry, I'm a total expert on Gucci, Prada, and Chanel, but kind of a "newbie" when it comes to CL since the sizing is so off for me. lol

I saw in another thread you bought those. What size did you buy in those? Thanks again!

Asha

I want a pair of the tortoise shell patent decolletes ... I have the VP in black suede in a 39 ... now I'm not sure if I should take a 39.5 or 40; my foot is pretty standard width.

Thanks harlem. If I were buying them, I would be buying them in the 40/40.5, so those have to go on sale then. So $450 is still a fairly decent deal then, right? Like I said, I'm in no rush to purchase them.

Also, the tortoise ones fit the same way as these correct? I think they are from the same line. Sorry, I'm a total expert on Gucci, Prada, and Chanel, but kind of a "newbie" when it comes to CL since the sizing is so off for me. lol

I saw in another thread you bought those. What size did you buy in those? Thanks again!

Asha

totally go up 1 size in the Decolletes. The diff. btw. the half size and full size is not by much. Like I said you can add either a Dr. Scholl's insole or a Foot Petals product if it's too big. I swear by these: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2949263...als+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresultsThe only way this wouldn't work is if you have really skinny feet.

I think $450 is a great deal for classic black shoes that will last awhile.

I ordered the tortoise Dcs so they better fit the same:P. I have 2 pairs of Dcs I currently wear - the black and red eel. The fit is identical. Out of the 3 CL fits I've tried - Pigalle, Decollete, and Prive /Yoyo I think the Dcs have the most generous fit and the Pigalles the least forgiving. If you get a chance try them on though because CL sizing is not consistent at all.

So I'm a 39.5 in CL and a 38.5 in Gucci and Prada if that helps at all. Gucci sizing does tend to run a tad big on me though and Prada is true to size. I also wear a 39.5 in most sizes of Zanottis.

The one thing that is consistent is that sizing is inconsistent with CLs. I have a patent brown decollette 868 in a 37. I tried a 37.5 and it kept slipping off my foot when I walked and it looked like I was a little girl playing dress up in her mother's shoes so I stuck with the 37. Yesterday I tried on the tiger print decollettes in a 37 and it was so much stiffer than my brown ones. It even felt as if it were cut slightly different with a more pointed and narrow toe. The 37.5 didn't slip off as the brown one 37.5 did. However, it still looked like I was a little girl playing dress up so I passed on it.

Thanks guys for all of your input! I really appreciate it. I think they will work, and like you said if they are a tad big, I can put the insert in.

With the other brands, I can just ask an SA for measurements and be fine, or just buy from NM online or something and know that more than likely it will fit, but with CL I get scared. My foot is all over the place with him. Even with measurements, the shoe can still be "cut" in an odd way like you guys said, and so they may not end up fitting.

Oh well, I guess I will try them. Thanks all!