Need Advice- sorry long post

Just a little update:

Last night, dh and I were making dinner and he brought up Hermes. I thought, "here we go again..." Anyway, he said that he felt bad for upsetting me the other day and that he didn't want me to feel bad because I deserve to feel special and wonderful because of all I do for him and DS. He also told me that although he finds it weird/crazy to spend that much on one bag, that I probably find some of the things he buys to be weird/crazy.

It sounds like he is going to come around...:yahoo: :yahoo:

that is terrific. the curse is lifted off your bag, lol, since now you can enjoy it with a lighter heart, as these things are meant to be enjoyed.

addicted - what a great update, I am really pleased for you! for me, I always think these "non-fight" fights (if you know what I mean) are the worst type, because they stay in your mind.

2 pennies again, but perhaps he is just one of these chaps where you have to plant a seed and let it grow? My husband is one of these - he always goes negative if I need an immediate answer. I find language like "dont give me an answer now, but could you think about...." and "whats your initial reaction? I know you will want to think about it." really helps in my negotiations!

I hope you get your dream bag soon!

:woohoo: YAY DH!!

Now tha the window is cracked, thank him for understanding how much this means to you and assure him you are hearing his concerns too!

Then smooch him for being grat! :graucho:

My boyfriend is the same way. We have had arguments, rational talks, and even tears over this issue. We came to the conclusion that if I put the main priorities first, such as bills, housing, savings, IRA, etc, then the extra money I have is for me to spend-- and he will respect that. Even if he will never understand it.

Addicted, I am so glad to read the update. It sounds like he is coming around and won't make you feel bad if you get a birkin. You deserve it. Being a SAHM -- even parttime -- is a hard job. Plus you essentially put your own career on hold, which is another sacrifice.
Good luck with it.

Addicted: Thanks for the update!! It's a positive!!! Sending more orange vibes to your DH :biggrin:

Being someone who told her husband last year, just after the wedding that "Some day I will own a birkin ..." my DH just rolled his eyeballs. He came around last dec when he told me I can pick up my birthday present from H store -> Boy, he did not know what he is getting into. :graucho:

Since, DH has no idea of H prices and I did not want to scare him away from H :Push: I picked a Twilly (I went in H store earlier and got one reserved for me ;)) Brought DH to store, I showed DH the twilly and we walked over to look at wallets and my SA :heart: and I were talking so much about colors and leathers that my DH is sooo impressed that he got me a dogon wallet :yahoo:

Since then, he knows my Orange Love is to stay. He never rolled eyeballs after that incident, he buys me H trinkets when he travels on biz trip. So in fact, he started my H collection. And now, I am a owner of a Kelly, it took 4 mths :yahoo:

So have faith and remember, H love is a lifetime, so one day your bag will be here. :flowers: