NARS swatches! Let's see yours!

1 new colour for spring! I'm definitely going to get this but gonna try and hold off til I'm in the states in April.

Nail Polish ($18.00)

Disco Inferno Iridescent silver green (Limited Edition)
Availability: January 15th @ NARS, February for Sephora, Nordstrom, and other counters

Attachments

• image-1120685410.jpg
    image-1120685410.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 307
Hello:

I have a question. I am fairly new to polish, having been introduced to it by my roommate by virtue of having inherited her discards. :woot: Anyway, she gave me Pokerface and it was love at first sight. It went on like a dream and lasted nine days with no top coat.

Since then I've acquired some older NARS polishes, with mixed results. For example, Candy Darling is streaky and uneven despite what I do with it. So is Chinatown, which is unfortunate, because I LOVE that color. The application lasted respectably, though.

I understand there are "new" and "old" formulas. Is there any place I can look to see which polishes are old formula and which are new?

Thanks!

MirielMichelle

MirielMichelle said:
Hello:

I have a question. I am fairly new to polish, having been introduced to it by my roommate by virtue of having inherited her discards. :woot: Anyway, she gave me Pokerface and it was love at first sight. It went on like a dream and lasted nine days with no top coat.

Since then I've acquired some older NARS polishes, with mixed results. For example, Candy Darling is streaky and uneven despite what I do with it. So is Chinatown, which is unfortunate, because I LOVE that color. The application lasted respectably, though.

I understand there are "new" and "old" formulas. Is there any place I can look to see which polishes are old formula and which are new?

Thanks!

MirielMichelle

I can't vouch for this list being 100% correct, but as far as my collection goes I think these are the older vs newer ones

older:
adelita
after dark
arabesque
arabian nights
blue lagoon
bohemia
candy darling
cha cha cha
chinatown
desperado
edelweiss
domiva
full metal jacket
gimme shelter
hot voodoo
hunger
jungle red
king kong
m butterfly
mash
midnight express
orpheous
platoon
pussy galore
rebel yell
rouge andalou
saratoga
schiap
tallulah
tokiado express
transformer
versailles
voodoo red
zizi
zulu

newer:
alamo
amchoor
anardana
back room
bad influence
diamond life
disco inferno
ecume
endless night
fifteen minutes
galion
kismet
koh lanta
koliary
kutki
lal mirchi
manosque
matto grosso
millenium
new york dolls
night breed
night clubbing
night flight
night porter
night rider
orgasm
poker face
purple rain
ratin jot
soho
space odessy
storm bird
superstar
trouville
tv party
vestale

I can't vouch for this list being 100% correct, but as far as my collection goes I think these are the older vs newer ones ...

Wow! Thanks audrey11! That's quite an amazing collection you have. I see some names I haven't even heard of before!

As I feared I have quite a few oldies. Well, there's only one solution, buy more polish ASAP!

Thanks again!

MirielMichelle said:
Wow! Thanks audrey11! That's quite an amazing collection you have. I see some names I haven't even heard of before!

As I feared I have quite a few oldies. Well, there's only one solution, buy more polish ASAP!

Thanks again!

no problem at all! the newer ones definitely have a much better formula.