my vintage kelly =D

^thank you:smile:. i think i'd have to rest for a while though....i'm kind a wondering if i should sell my chanel's to fund another H bag or keep my chanel's and save up for my next H bag slowly. what should i do??

please don't kill me here for doing this....:sweatdrop:

since i find the kelly dry and "crispy" (especially the side panel)...i decided to use some LMB feel soft moisturiser that i had from my balenciaga's. it seemed to have improved the suppleness of the leather and cracks. the cracks are still there, but i just feel more comfortable opening and closing the kelly since it's more supple (doesn't look so thirsty). it's very dry here in montreal and i was worried that i'd break my kelly into pieces cause the leather was pretty dry before moisturising.

here're some close up pics of the leather now...

i'm still considering sending her in for spa at hermes, but this is just for the time being..

Attachments

• P1010792.jpg
    P1010792.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 56
  • P1010793.jpg
    P1010793.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 61
  • P1010796.jpg
    P1010796.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 63
  • P1010807.jpg
    P1010807.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 69
Risky but it seems to have worked wonders since the leather looks very smooth! Love those modeling pics, you wear her so well!! What scarf is that? It looks great!

it was kind a risky, but i've used LMB on all my bags now incl. chanels.

the scarf is les jardiniers du roy.

congrats on your very own precious black box kelly too, nola! yours is a true treasure!

^thank you:smile:. i think i'd have to rest for a while though....i'm kind a wondering if i should sell my chanel's to fund another H bag or keep my chanel's and save up for my next H bag slowly. what should i do??

In a heartbeat, I would SELL ALL!!! I have eyes only for H. I only wish I had more designer bags - so that I could sell them to raise $ for my next H bag!!

Some posters have raised great points - I'm thinking here of a post from BlkLadyLaw - e.g. if you have many different "audiences" in your life, if you have to move in vastly different circles, then it can be very important to have something non-H in your wardrobe. But frankly, the same logic would apply to a Chanel bag! (in fact, they can be FAR more visible than many of the other H designs.)

This is a big dilemma that seems to be popping up lately (a few recent threads).

Anyway. I vote for SELL!

I am new to this forum and have a stupid question. I have the same bag vintage box kelly bag shown above. How can I tell that I have not a faked. I just got it from a friend yesterday. It does not have a H on the zipper and I can not find any letters stamped on the back of the front buckles.
Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Hermes-Bag.jpg
    Hermes-Bag.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 23
I am new to this forum and have a stupid question. I have the same bag vintage box kelly bag shown above. How can I tell that I have not a faked. I just got it from a friend yesterday. It does not have a H on the zipper and I can not find any letters stamped on the back of the front buckles.
Thanks for your help

You can take detailed pictures and post them in our authentication thread we have.