My Super Sweet 16

I just watched the season premier... ugh. Alls I can say is ugh. I think it's really interesting to see the way these people act, and the whole time I'm sitting on my couch at home going, "Are there really people like this?" it's hilarious to me.

the guy, whose name i can't remember, actually didn't seem that bad to me. and his party, imo, was the only one that really stood out. the others didn't really seem that special to me, because there was never anything extraordinary. but with his, it was really one of a kind.

I just think shows like this make the 'normal' kids who have a 'normal' party kinda feel like they need more always. I am not fully sure why MTV wants to promote shows like that and remember Rich Girls?? I mean, why follow around two girls, one of who's father is a billionaire, and then show it to the rest of girls around that age trying to find their way and fit in... I mean, I watch it too, but isn't it kind of silly?!

someone should grab everyone in all of those stupid rich reality shows and dump them into sudan or darfur or the poverty-stricken villages in china and north korea and let them see what is really going on while they go on and on about their parties of the year!

/rant

I think it's incredible how these young kids have this sort of "gimme" attitude. They expect others to do for them all the time. They have a sense of entitlement for things that they haven't earned. Yes, I will agree that it's addictive to watch...but the teens are very bratty. They act as though shopping, jet setting, and conspicous spending are the way to go. I'm grateful for the things I have. It seems like nothing is enough for them.

Meh, I don't get too worked up over it. Many teens have a warped sense of entitlement or an abundance of selfishness. Most of them will grow out of it, or at least learn to tone it down.

There are spoiled brats from every income bracket.

The show is NUTS!:wacko: I can't believe the parents!!! Esp. the father (night club owner) and his bratty daughter! She has NO friends and invites people she doesn't know so they can talk about her party!:weird: :wacko: WTF is wrong with her?!:mad:

abandonedimages said:
Has anyone seen that show? It's on VH1 I think. Just. . .Wow. Some of those girls are so ridiculously conceited, I want to kick them.
Oops, sorry about that. Pradasmeadow merged my duplicate thread with hers.

jade109 said:
I can't stand this show. I want to slap the senses into these girls and send them to a 3rd world country so they know how the rest of the world are not revolving around them.

Yes, me too :shame: I admit, I have watched a couple episodes that werent so bad, but some of them I could not believe how conceited and what huge jerks those girls are! That one girl called her mom a ***** to her face for not having her drink waiting for her in the car!

WTF? :blink:

Anyways, last night David Spade did a sketch called Why They Hate Us on his show and showed clips from My Super Sweet 16 and just showed all the clips of the most spoiled, self-absorbed, not giving a crap about anyone else girls off the show. It was funny yet disturbing.

Wow. That's so sad. I remember when I was sweet 16 and my parents brought me a new porsche car boxster and I was like oh gosh, I love this flashy car. But I never asked them to buy me a car or anything. Also, my grandpa gave me a card with a $50,000 check! That's so amazing! I love my parents so much and I always treat them very well because I was very serious in high school and hanging out with cool girls and they are not snotty or anything like that. All we do is study for tests, do homework, donate some foods for needy families, and everything we have done. I know I'm very lucky to have wealthy parents. :o)