My new "Outdoor" Chanel

Oh I love your Outdoor bag! I saw it at Saks and wondered what it was, but couldn't stop to investigate bec. I was picking up my diamond stitch tote! You're right, the leather is very similar - and I think they made boxy totes for the Outdoor line too - has smaller CC's.

princessofthehouse said:
Blu... it is beautiful. I saw it at NM yesterday and am in love....Does it scratch easily? Do you like the distressed look of the scratches? It is the perfect shape for me and soooo soft. I think I like it better than my jumbo caviar classic flap.

princess LOL your avatar!! :lol: You know I saw 2 of each color (black and brown) and one was more 'distressed' than the other so I made sure to choose the less distressed black and there's nothing on it that bugs me - I would have passed on the more 'distressed' bags. The SA said the distressing is purposeful/natural but I too thought some looked like ugly scratches. IMO the leather seems tough as nails and I cannot imagine it scratching easily at all. Perhaps ask your SA if they have more in back!! Hope you find a good one!

blugenie said:
princess LOL your avatar!! :lol: You know I saw 2 of each color (black and brown) and one was more 'distressed' than the other so I made sure to choose the less distressed black and there's nothing on it that bugs me - I would have passed on the more 'distressed' bags. The SA said the distressing is purposeful/natural but I too thought some looked like ugly scratches. IMO the leather seems tough as nails and I cannot imagine it scratching easily at all. Perhaps ask your SA if they have more in back!! Hope you find a good one!

Blu, I hope you don't mind. Roey posted it for me and I am in love....I got it!!!! I have not had a chance to post myown picks yet. She said she didn't think you would mind. Great choice. I LOVE the way it looks as a messenger bag too. I cannot believe how light it is. It is much lighter than my jumbo caviar classic flap. I did also pick one that seemd to have very few scratches. My SA said the same thing. SHe said it is supposed to scratch gently to look more broken in but should not be deep obvious scratches. I'll let you know how mine is holding up too.

I'm joining the Outdoor club! NM in Newport Beach had one brown boxy style Outdoor tote left - brand new in box - with the small cc's on top - very little scratching (I made her check - I grilled her with questions!). It looks exactly like the Diamond Stitch boxy tote except the cc's are smaller, less blingy, and located on top of the front of the bag. The diamond stitching on the Outdoor is one row versus two rows on the Diamond Stitch.

It will be shipped out on Monday! And it was only $1625. If it's a good size and comfortable, this will complete my fall Chanel collection to fit the something from the distressed/vintage category.

Princess - a big congrats on your new bag!! Post pics when you have time please!!

princessofthehouse and roey- congrats on getting new outdoor bags! Can't wait to see the pics!! I'm seriously considering getting the flap bag in brown - silly I know so I'm very excited to see roey's boxy tote as a change of pace. And I'm also looking forward to seeing jbelle's diamond stitch pics!!! Too fun - and expensive!! LoL!!

(princess, BTW using my pic as your avatar is just fine - DH doesn't know about my bag yet so this gives me another chance to see it without him knowing! LoL!)

NM Fashion Valley (San Diego) had the small outdoor tote in 2-3 colors yesterday (brown for sure, black I think, and one more color?) It is a great bag! They do not have the tote in large yet, but it should be coming to stores in the next few weeks...

I thought it was nice. I think I have tried the smaller tote in both the Diamond Stitch and the Outdoor. The Outdoor seemed a bit more "wearable" on the shoulder (a bit less boxy under the arm than the Diamond Stitch). I am going to wait to see the large... Roey, Do you happen to have the style number for the small Outdoor tote?