my new *navy* MbMJ Turnlock Posh J.J. bowler

Gorgeous bag!!!! I have had my eye on the bordeaux in both the JJ and Super K styles. I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind. It looks patent leather-y. Is that just an optical illusion?

Also, as to the Super K, I love the bag, and love the bordeax. I'm looking for a tote-like bag to take on airplanes, but I haven't been able to see one in person. In your opinion, would the Super K be good for that purpose? Is the bottom compartment big enough to fit a magazine? Does it seem functional?

TIA!

Gorgeous bag!!!! I have had my eye on the bordeaux in both the JJ and Super K styles. I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind. It looks patent leather-y. Is that just an optical illusion?

Also, as to the Super K, I love the bag, and love the bordeax. I'm looking for a tote-like bag to take on airplanes, but I haven't been able to see one in person. In your opinion, would the Super K be good for that purpose? Is the bottom compartment big enough to fit a magazine? Does it seem functional?

TIA!

Hi and thanks!

On the leather, it is slightly distressed, and thinner and lighter-weight than the thick, smooshy leather that is on most MJ bags. The leather is coated so that it has a sheen/luster to it, but its not patent per se. I would say that the leather is somewhat similar to later-year Balenciaga bags, if you are familiar with those. In fact, the leather is so lightweight that the bag nearly collapses like a Balenciaga when it's not filled up. It's slouchy and not bulky.

On the Super K bag, as I was saying in my earlier post, I think the four compartments make it pretty dysfunctional! I was very disappointed in the design, because I thought I wanted that bag. I'm not entirely sure if you could fit a magazine in the bottom; sorry! I'm not even really sure if I could fit my long checkbook wallet sideways in the middle compartment.

Good luck with your decision. The bordeaux is a very pretty color IRL. Can you order both bags to try them out and then return one?

attachment.php
attachment.php

^ Thank you SO much. Great descriptions of the color and leather - they made me even more convinced that I have to have one of these, although I think I'm now leaning toward the JJ. I'm going to debate ordering both, but I know myself too well, I'd probably end up keeping both if I do that!

Thanks again!

^ Thank you SO much. Great descriptions of the color and leather - they made me even more convinced that I have to have one of these, although I think I'm now leaning toward the JJ. I'm going to debate ordering both, but I know myself too well, I'd probably end up keeping both if I do that!

Thanks again!

No problem. ;) The J.J. is really roomy, as you can see from my pics on the first page, particularly next to the Venetia.

Wow, great bag! Thanks so much for your review. I didn't really know much about this bag before you bought it. Congrats on your purchase, your bag is lovely!!

Thanks Catpri_sun and thithi. ;) I've had this bag a week now, and I'm still loving it. It stands up to other designer bags I own that are three or four times the price! In fact, I'm considering other MbMJ bags now too, like the Dr. Grooveee satchel...