My Luxury Bowler is en-route!

Love the color - sorry about the shoulder issue - you are small too!! Ugh... this heat is awful.... I keep my office like a fridge, I'm probably freezing everyone out - too bad - they had it worse when I was preggo - I had the a/c on until the end of December!!

Gorgeous bag...I like your "tag-on for now" plan...compare it with other loves to see if the fit is right...

I can relate to the "love it...but not sure if it is right on me" issue...that is my "relationship" with the classic Chanel flap bag...

I think it looks beautiful and it looks like the perfect size for you. However if you do not LOVE it, send it back. :wtf: Personally if I do not love a bag, I never use it and later on regret buying it. Good Luck and let us know what you decide.

It's a beautiful, beautiful bag, Roey. :love: I just love the CC zipper pull on the bowler style. The leather, sheen and size is simply perfect!! It looks fabulous on you too! Congratulations on finally getting your stupendous Chanel Luxe Bowler! :smile:

Thanks everyone, for your nice compliments! :biggrin: I really do love it, but I can only keep two more Chanel bags for fall. One I buy for myself, and one my sister buys for me (exchanging the Muse b-day gift).

Deerskin is amazing! This bag has such even texture throughout. I am not obsessing about the metallic goatskin now, but I would love to see it IRL someday. There are no smooth spots on the deerskin so it absolutely will not scratch. The handles are well made too; they are really substantial!

Twinklette, you made a good point with wearing it behind me. I do that with my Cambon bowler (a lighter bag) and it works fine. I definitely did not make a fair assessment of the Luxe due to the tremendous heat. I was sweating so much that I didn't want to leave it on my shoulder for a test drive. It needs a better audition this weekend when the temperatures drop.

SoCal, I need to take a lesson from you about considering function over fashion. I admit to going overboard with the Chloe bags and now I can't seem to part with any one of them. However, I have such a hard time working them all into my rotation it seems wasteful. Yet every time I look at one to possibly let go, it has its "must stay" qualities. I absolutely refuse to go into debt to feed a fashion addiction, so I'm treading cautiously with Chanel. If I had lots of disposable income, they'd all stay!! :biggrin:

I just bought the same bag and had the same shoulder issue. However, the fall line seems to be going in the direction of holding the bags rather than wearing them on the shoulder. So I thought that this bag would be able to do both. Then I wouldn't feel deprived of the new trend. Just a thought.

roey said:
Thanks everyone, for your nice compliments! :biggrin: I really do love it, but I can only keep two more Chanel bags for fall. One I buy for myself, and one my sister buys for me (exchanging the Muse b-day gift).

I have been considering returning my muse for a chloe paddington. Maybe in red or whiskey. I also am looking at a cerf tote.

Looks like we both are having the same taste in handbag issues.

roey, I love it! and think it looks fantastic on you. However, if you don't like the way it sits on your shoulders, I wouldn't keep it. There are too many gorgeous chanel bags out there this season that you will be happy with. Let us know what you decide :flowers:.

roey, i think it looks great on you. but wait to compare with the square vintage and the cerf. in terms of comfort, the cerf is probably the best imho, but i love the SV!!

It's really gorgeous and it looks great on you! I'm the opposite, I prefer to carry my bags by hand and can't stand carrying them over the shoulder so I understand the discomfort issue. If it doesn't feel right the way you want to carry the bag then you're better off returning it and getting something that looks right AND carries/feels right, otherwise it's always going to nag at you.