My first Reissue!! Come see, 2005 version...yipee

I was quite reluctant to buy from them too but there aren't many ways to get hold of a 2005 edition, so when I saw the bag I immediately open the flap and was so happy to see the embossed 2005 on the inside, I just had to get it.... it was priced at HKD16800 and they are giving 10% for summer sale, I negotiated further with them and got the bag at HKD14500, so it's about USD1859, i think the price in 2005 was USD1895.. I am quite happy with the price I paid as this is a special edition..
Did you have a 2005 edition too?

IceEarl,

Then it's not too bad though. Sounds a good deal.
No, I don't have the 2005 version, I just started my Chanel hunt since March this year.
Well, can you tell what so special about the 2005 reissue when compared to that of 2006 and even 2007. Thanks!

Hmm.... this is my first reissue..

I guess there is a 'premium' to own a 2005 edtion as it marked the 50th anniversary of the 2.55 bag, I guess the obvious visible difference of the 2005 edtion with the other reissues is the embossed 2005 on the inside of the main flap, and some said the 2005 edtion has the most similar look to the bag which was released in 1955..

;) so this is what I know about my lovely bag....

It is sooo hard to get. Look at the 2005 mark! Gorgeous! Lucky you!
My interest for reissue is growing, I am seriously considering getting one after seeing all those FAB re-issue pictures here!

Hi Lorebunde, mine doesn't have a card too, but the nice ladies at the Authenticate this chanel! thread help me with the authentication ...so I am happily enjoying my bag now...:smile:

Hi Lorebunde, mine doesn't have a card too, but the nice ladies at the Authenticate this chanel! thread help me with the authentication ...so I am happily enjoying my bag now...:smile:
Yes, I felt confident too purchasing from another member. When I rec'd. it I found the authentication thread and its fine. I don't plan on selling mine so I don't mind not having a card. Thanks!