My First Chanel - Black Metallic Luxe!!

The bag looks great on you, especially with your punk-ish died hair. It adds to the whole rocker vibe.

I called the number you left, but that Saks is out the the metallic black bowler in medium. They have flap bags. She said there are maybe 30 black luxe metallic medium bowler bags in the company. I talked to Donna. She was very nice.

TheArtofAcquisition said:
the lux metallic black is goatskin, the matte black is calf-skin. That is why the metallic is more durable.

That was for the spring collection. The fall collection is a metallic deerskin. I'm waiting for my deerskin bowler from Nordstrom. Then we will know if Edna has the goatskin or deerskin. I spoke to Donna last week and she assumed it was goatskin as per the spring line, but wasn't 100% positive.

I think goatskin and deerskin are pretty much equal in terms of durability; the goatskin maybe a bit more hardy. I gave my Mom a goatskin Balenciaga bag a few years ago. She used the crap out of it, and after I cleaned it up with Leather CPR when she came for a visit it looked practically brand new again.

When I was at Chanel in NYC on 57th the SA showed me that the only metallic bowler that Chanel was introducing in the fall was brown metallic. I was told no more black or other metallics, just brown.

The s/a's have varying opinions on the fall line leather/colors. I know for a fact that Nordstrom's Chanel boutique in downtown Seattle ordered the deerskin luxe bowler and the new luxe deerskin metallic duffel. It appears to me that the metallic black is carrying into the fall line in the form of deerskin versus goatskin.

Here's what I know is fact: The luxe duffel is definitely a metallic black deerskin as Chanel shows a picture of it on their website. The jury is still out on whether or not the luxe bowler will be a matte deerskin (like the cerf tote) or a metallic deerskin.

I'm thinking the new bags Saks just got in (including Edna's in this thread) is the metallic deerskin, because Saks JUST got them in for the fall. They were not carried over bags from the spring line. They had just arrived into the store when Edna purchased hers. Chanel doesn't have anything in their paperwork with the bag confirming what leather is used to know for certain if what Saks received is goat or deer. I'm betting on deer since the leather was changed for fall.

Confusing I know. That's why I say: When my bowler arrives from Nordstrom I can post pics and compare to Edna's. I think deerskin grain is slightly smaller than goatskin, so that might bring the mystery to light.

Okay, I need to find something else to do with my time than think about when Nordstrom is going to call about my luxury bowler!

I decided to contact the Chanel 800 number today during a lull at work, and speak to a representative to shed some light on the finish of the black deerskin leather. She said it is the same leather/finish as the cerf tote; there's a sheen but not a metallic finish like the goatskin from spring. The only metallic in the luxury line for fall is the bronze color. She then refered me to the Chanel website to the picture of the luxe duffel in black for a reference of how the bowler will look. I told her I saw that photo and the description reads "metallic deerskin zipped tote". She goes, "It's not metallic; that's the shine from the camera". :wtf: Um, okay. Thank you for your time and stupidity. Click. :hysteric:

I'm off to find a new hobby...

Would one of you have the SKU number for this available please post it? I'm trying to get my local Saks to locate 1 for me, and the SA is asking for this number. It should be on the Chanel tag or receipt. Thanks so much!