My First BV!!!

mac01

O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
I finally took the plunge and got my first Bottega Veneta! It is truly love at first sight! May I ask if this is Nappa leather or Deerskin since there is a care tag inside for deerskin leather. Thanks for looking!
My medium Nero Campana.

Attachments

• image-588428844.jpg
    image-588428844.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 693
  • image-1874128644.jpg
    image-1874128644.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 699
I finally took the plunge and got my first Bottega Veneta! It is truly love at first sight! May I ask if this is Nappa leather or Deerskin since there is a care tag inside for deerskin leather. Thanks for looking!
My medium Nero Campana.

It sure does not look like deerskin from the picture. Please post a picture of the white sewn in authenticity tag. Unless this is brand new from the factory, there should be 2 rows of numbers on that rectangular tag. That will give us a clue to nappa or calf.

I took a picture of the tag but don't really know how to read this other than the year. Also, don't know if this is a big deal but I bought this bag directly from BV online so how come they are still selling bags manufactured in 2010?

Attachments

• image-2705285341.jpg
    image-2705285341.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 634
Could you show us a pic of that caretag for deerskin leather? Checking the BV site, it does say 'nappa'... Not deerskin.

Gorgeous bag, love the campana style...

^well, that's odd. Is that the only card that was with this beauty?

I don't know the answer about the date of your bag - technically, I believe the year on the tag is the year before release year - so 2010 is for the year 2011, so I would not be concerned.

How did you decide on this style? Did you see it in person first? It's just a lovely first purchase - you do know BV is highly addictive and you'll never look back!

it was mfg in 2010

\

I don't know the answer about the date of your bag - technically, I believe the year on the tag is the year before release year - so 2010 is for the year 2011, so I would not be concerned.

How did you decide on this style? Did you see it in person first? It's just a lovely first purchase - you do know BV is highly addictive and you'll never look back!

Thanks so much for all your help! With the help of TPF and since I wanted a bag which could from day to evening, I chose the Campana. I just wasn't sure about the size but Medium is perfect!!

indiaink said:

Yes it's the only tag. They also sent me a catalogue. It sure is addictive since I'm already dreaming about a Veneta!!!

Congrats, so pleased you like it. I only have 3 but they are just so easy, reliable, light and gorgeous I am planning my fourth (long-term). They are really great forever bags :tup: