My big fat fabulous life

Buddy seemed almost embarrassed by Whitney's rant in the middle of the street.

As an aside, and nothing to do with Whitney or their interaction, the comedian's Amy Shumer-esque shtick and nasally voice were too much for me. "I mean, you knooowwww...?" "Riiiigghhh-eeeetttt?" No.

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
Buddy seemed almost embarrassed by Whitney's rant in the middle of the street.

As an aside, and nothing to do with Whitney or their interaction, the comedian's Amy Shumer-esque shtick and nasally voice were too much for me. "I mean, you knooowwww...?" "Riiiigghhh-eeeetttt?" No.

I think that may have been career suicide for her. Who knows her vicious remarks may be what gets her in the spotlight.

I have mixed feelings about the episode to be honest. I have PCOS I've had it since high school I've been obese up until a year and a half ago so roughly half my life. With PCOS your hormones are out of whack, so even if you follow the traditional "diet and exercise" regime you will see little to no progress. I started a super strict keto diet and have lost a lot of weight and am way better health wise because of it. So on one hand I emphasize with the struggle even now my endo and I argue over my high fat diet so even those she should be the most qualified to help me she doesn't necessarily "do the job right". So it can be extremely frustrating to make any hedge way, much more so than the average person who's trying to loose weight could even fathom. On the other hand her trainer quit on her, which in general isn't something that generally happens trainers jobs are to inspire their clients. If her trainer is dropping her as a client let a lone on national TV she's clearly not doing her part. It leads me to believe that she's in the "I'm the victim" mentality which is what's hindering her from making any progress. She's stuck in the "I want it stage" but ultimately she doesn't want it bad enough to do what it takes to achieve it. It may sound harsh but I feel like if a trainer drops you its similar to when a Dr drops you. It's their last possible bit of leverage they have against the client/patient in hopes to get them too finally make the changes needed. Because at that point they have used every trick up their sleeve and have nothing else to give.

I'm against body shaming. But to be honest I don't really think that the comedian was out of line with her jokes, she was poking fun at a lot of things including her own problems. I can't decide if the confrontation was staged or if Whitney was just looking to pick a fight, and her friend was put in the position of defending his friend so she'd feel supported. It honestly seemed to be staged for the show too me. She just conveniently happened to be chilling at a outdoor patio at a table by herself where Whitney can just stroll up and pick fight with her after the show?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using PurseForum mobile app

LoL...I think Big Girl Dance Class would be fun...they probably are not as self conscious as if they were in a dance class with fit people.
When I was in high school my mom joined a gym with my aunt to help support her on her weight loss journey. My mom exercised daily and was very fit. My aunt was over 100 lbs. overweight. I video taped them in exercise class once and 5 or 6 people in the gym stopped to look in at her struggling to keep up. I never showed my aunt the tape because I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

I agree! Those big girls can move, and I'd hope I'd be able to keep up with them!

I have mixed feelings about the episode to be honest. I have PCOS I've had it since high school I've been obese up until a year and a half ago so roughly half my life. With PCOS your hormones are out of whack, so even if you follow the traditional "diet and exercise" regime you will see little to no progress. I started a super strict keto diet and have lost a lot of weight and am way better health wise because of it. So on one hand I emphasize with the struggle even now my endo and I argue over my high fat diet so even those she should be the most qualified to help me she doesn't necessarily "do the job right". So it can be extremely frustrating to make any hedge way, much more so than the average person who's trying to loose weight could even fathom. On the other hand her trainer quit on her, which in general isn't something that generally happens trainers jobs are to inspire their clients. If her trainer is dropping her as a client let a lone on national TV she's clearly not doing her part. It leads me to believe that she's in the "I'm the victim" mentality which is what's hindering her from making any progress. She's stuck in the "I want it stage" but ultimately she doesn't want it bad enough to do what it takes to achieve it. It may sound harsh but I feel like if a trainer drops you its similar to when a Dr drops you. It's their last possible bit of leverage they have against the client/patient in hopes to get them too finally make the changes needed. Because at that point they have used every trick up their sleeve and have nothing else to give.

I'm against body shaming. But to be honest I don't really think that the comedian was out of line with her jokes, she was poking fun at a lot of things including her own problems. I can't decide if the confrontation was staged or if Whitney was just looking to pick a fight, and her friend was put in the position of defending his friend so she'd feel supported. It honestly seemed to be staged for the show too me. She just conveniently happened to be chilling at a outdoor patio at a table by herself where Whitney can just stroll up and pick fight with her after the show?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using PurseForum mobile app

I agree with the trainer for dropping her. He is one of the BEST trainers in the US. He can't help Whitney until she stops the self sabatoge. When Whitney is ready he will be there for her.

The scene with the comedian did seem staged but I don't agree with the things she said.

I agree with the trainer for dropping her. He is one of the BEST trainers in the US. He can't help Whitney until she stops the self sabatoge. When Whitney is ready he will be there for her.

The scene with the comedian did seem staged but I don't agree with the things she said.

I had no idea he was that good until Whitney posted that he won the world's fittest award for his age group for the third year in a row!

Reactions: Tiny_T
It looks like, in the next episode, one of her friends calls her out and asks her how badly she wants progress. Hopefully, enough people will do that and it'll get to the point where she'll see that things aren't working and that she needs help.

It took me a while to have a healthy relationship with food. Growing up, I felt like my food was constantly under lock and key by my mother, so I would sneak things when I could, and then when I went to college (and later moved to Toronto) I went nuts on food because I felt like I was an adult and can eat whatever I damn well please.

To add to that, my mother is controlling and overly critical with her opinions, so if I didn't have the "right" result at Weight Watchers (a two pound weight loss) I was somehow made to feel like I'm less of a person.

Now, I have a more healthy relationship with food. I go by the 80/20 ratio: 80% healthy, 20% not so much. (That's good, because in my new job, I work on Saturdays, and they bring in donuts on Saturdays. I don't feel conflicted about having one, because I'll just make the donut part of the 20%.)

I find that planning my food and talking about it if need be really helps. (My mother not being involved REALLY helps!) Sometimes, it's not even a full out discussion. Sometimes something pops into my head and I feel like I need to run it by my dad to see what he thinks. ("I think i should get a smoothie after work to stop myself from snacking on crackers before dinner, Dad. Thoughts?")

Little "rules" work, too: I only order pizza on weekends and I only get the crispy thin crust. I'll have a flavored latte at Starbucks but I'll ask them to only use half the syrup. (I know there are sugar free options, but those are disgusting. I also don't like the feeling of my lattes being taken away from me.)

I also try to make sure my food for the day fits in with my allotted Weight Watchers points.

I weight myself once a week and report to my dad. If I don't like the result, my dad and I discuss what I could change for the following week.

It's hard once junk food becomes a habit. I really feel Whitney's pain. I'm glad her trainer and her friend are calling her out. They are telling her what she needs to hear and it's coming from a place of love. Each time she brings the excuses and the tears. Her trainer totally busted her with all the junk food trash in her car.

I'm not sure why Whitney didn't choose an alternate for the video. For most dance shows there is an alternate or understudy to help if the lead can't make it. Whether she chose Katie or any of the other top 5 girls she would have had an alternate when Jessica didn't show up for the video taping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PurseForum mobile app