Mulberry Pre-Loved

Yes buying from Mulberry direct is about confidence for me. However I noticed some sites like Vestiare have authentication services too.
What a sorry tale , did she get compensation for the Ledbury?
Yes - iirc it was Ells, a hardcore collector with a gorgeous and huge Mulberry family. Mulberry did look after her very well - I think they offered her a bespoke bag as compensation. Which would be a bit of a dream come true for me, even if it did come at the cost of a Ledbury!

Yes - iirc it was Ells, a hardcore collector with a gorgeous and huge Mulberry family. Mulberry did look after her very well - I think they offered her a bespoke bag as compensation. Which would be a bit of a dream come true for me, even if it did come at the cost of a Ledbury!
That's amazing. I wouldn't expect anything less

I guess people feel safer buying preloved from Mulberry directly, particularly if they're not aware of authentication services or aren't confident enough to authenticate bags themselves. However given the confusion re bag names/leathers etc I wouldn't be particularly confident buying direct.

I'll never forget, years ago on here, the sorry tale of a Ledbury and a Smithfield being sent to Mulberry for authentication. The Smithfield was declared genuine, the Ledbury fake. Little Ledbury was destroyed by Mulberry and Smithfield returned to her owner. But it transpired that Ledbury was in fact the genuine bag, and Smithfield the fake! I know that Mulberry hasn't offered an authentication service for years but still, it doesn't inspire confidence does it.

Oh for the days of Mulberrymad and LHB! At least we have NPN still. I'm a dab hand at authenticating the older Darwin/NVT bags myself, never bought a dud yet, so there's that too. I think I'd trust my judgment on those bags over Mulberry's, given they don't even seem to know the names of the bags let alone anything else!
Oh gosh, what a mess up!! :facepalm: Poor Ledbury.

There’s a few new bags popped up again, oak cookie bays at £650 & a Morgan in a red colour I don’t remember seeing before at £225

edit: also looks like there are Ruby Bayswaters (the ones with the bow on the front) but the product pages take me to a dead link, maybe they’re still uploading

Reactions: cypr
Jealous? Me too! Would havve loved it but cannot travel acrosss the country these days.....I wonder how many bags will then appear on selling sites??!!!
Perhaps someone who attends will post a review and what the prices and styles ( and condition of the bags) are?

Jealous? Me too! Would havve loved it but cannot travel acrosss the country these days.....I wonder how many bags will then appear on selling sites??!!!
Perhaps someone who attends will post a review and what the prices and styles ( and condition of the bags) are?
I hope to attend, but can't go on the first couple of days , not sure what will be left. Will take notes for you and photos if that's allowed.

Reactions: 24shaz