Mulberry at Selfridges

Tarababe

O.G.
Jul 13, 2010
Has anyone bought a Mulberry from Selfridges and returned it. I bought a Lily at full price £995 and returned it as I saw John Lewis had one in the sale. Now they have refused my refund and I am waiting for an E mail or telephone call to say why. I'm freaking out as I have never had any issues here before and have all sorts going through my mind.

Has anyone had this happen to them and if so why?

Has anyone bought a Mulberry from Selfridges and returned it. I bought a Lily at full price £995 and returned it as I saw John Lewis had one in the sale. Now they have refused my refund and I am waiting for an E mail or telephone call to say why. I'm freaking out as I have never had any issues here before and have all sorts going through my mind.

I returned a givenchy bag to selfridges without any issues a few months ago. I sent it bag straight away though (it was far too big) - are you outside their returns period?

I returned a givenchy bag to selfridges without any issues a few months ago. I sent it bag straight away though (it was far too big) - are you outside their returns period?

No I returned it within a few days of receiving it and obviously have proof. I called them again and they say it goes visa their checking processes so I have a feeling they are going to try to say it's a fake I have returned or it's been used. I literally opened the box to check it and didn't even remove any coverings and boxed it up and sent it straight back.

I can't believe this could happen and will NEVER shop there agin after this.

No I returned it within a few days of receiving it and obviously have proof. I called them again and they say it goes visa their checking processes so I have a feeling they are going to try to say it's a fake I have returned or it's been used. I literally opened the box to check it and didn't even remove any coverings and boxed it up and sent it straight back.

I can't believe this could happen and will NEVER shop there agin after this.
Oh no, I don’t know what to say, it sounds very strange. I’ve bought 2 or 3 bags online and been happy with their service. I hope it’s just some sort of a mix up and you manage to sort it out. Did you pay with a credit card?

Oh no, I don’t know what to say, it sounds very strange. I’ve bought 2 or 3 bags online and been happy with their service. I hope it’s just some sort of a mix up and you manage to sort it out. Did you pay with a credit card?

Hi, yes I did. I wish I had videoed myself opening it inc the serial number. :confused1: You just don't expect to have to do this with a store like Selfridges.

Hi, yes I did. I wish I had videoed myself opening it inc the serial number. :confused1: You just don't expect to have to do this with a store like Selfridges.
No, it wouldn’t have occurred to me to do that either. Might be worth posting about this on the ebay forum, if you don’t get a satisfactory response from selfridges. Hope they sort it out for you though :flowers:

I haven’t had this happen, but IME Selfridges are useless; I tried to buy a [full price, though that shouldn’t matter] Givenchy Pandora, they sent me the wrong bag twice and eventually claimed they didn’t have the requested colourway in stock, despite it being avaikito buy on their website. I politely emailed them about changing the description because it was misleading, they said they would get the IT department to fix it and then didn’t. It took them ages to process my refund as well.

The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing IMO, so hopefully this is a misunderstanding, though if they refuse to process a refund on an unused bag I’d never shop there again. Keep us updated.

Is there any protection from the credit card company if Selfridges don’t honour the refund?

There maybe, but if Selfridges are saying its not genuine then I can't see the card refunding me. If it is and its there mistake and they return it to me its easy to have it authenticated, but if it was a fake initially which I know has happened in a US store, or it's been swapped in the warehouse, then I am screwed.:shocked:

There maybe, but if Selfridges are saying its not genuine then I can't see the card refunding me. If it is and its there mistake and they return it to me its easy to have it authenticated, but if it was a fake initially which I know has happened in a US store, or it's been swapped in the warehouse, then I am screwed.:shocked:
Oh god, that’s a horrible thought. I’m so sorry you’re going through this & hope it’s sorted soon.

So I had a reply at last from Selfridges and they say the bag is scratched so has signs of use. Thats exactly the same thing they told someone on their FB review page. The bag was not scratched at all as it never left the box as did the person on FB advise.

Either it's a scam by them to refuse refunds if they are another company is financial trouble or someone in their warehouse is damaging it with packing or un packing.

Oh god, that’s a horrible thought. I’m so sorry you’re going through this & hope it’s sorted soon.

So I had a reply at last from Selfridges and they say the bag is scratched so has signs of use. Thats exactly the same thing they told someone on their FB review page. The bag was not scratched at all as it never left the box as did the person on FB advise.

Either it's a scam by them to refuse refunds if they are another company is financial trouble or someone in their warehouse is damaging it with packing or un packing.
What an absolute nonsense, for one thing a bag doesn’t scratch after a single use and if it did have scratches they could’ve been caused in packing.

Did it have one of those visible hanging tags?

What an absolute nonsense, for one thing a bag doesn’t scratch after a single use and if it did have scratches they could’ve been caused in packing.

Did it have one of those visible hanging tags?

I honestly can remember as I didn't take the bag out of the Mulberry dust bag, just looked to make sure it was what I ordered before I returned it. I think it would have done because I've had bags from there before and they have a Selfridges tag on.