Muffin, oh Muffin - I need your help!

Ninja Sue

Dreaming of vacation
O.G.
Aug 7, 2006
Dearest Muffin:

I need your help. Last night, my kitten took a swipe at my new chiffon stole and tore a huge hole on the bottom of one of the ends. My two big cats would never be so crass as to damage my Hermes, but the kitten clearly doesn't know better. If I arrange for first-class accomodations, would you come visit me and teach my kitten the art of NOT damaging my Hermes? You are so good with scarves that I thought I would implore your assistance.

Signed,

About to filet my kitten....

Ladies, that is indeed my tale of woe this morning. :crybaby: Can chiffon be fixed by Hermes? In the interim, I have tied the bottom of each portion of the stole into a knot, which looks nice and covers the hole. However, that is one expensive lesson to learn. Does anyone know?

Oh Sue! I'm so sorry to hear about that.

I don't know if Hermes can fix chiffon, but there are "invisible menders" or re-weavers who can work miracles with fabrics.

There used to be one in NYC, at least when I lived there 10 years ago. I forget the name but they were on Union Square West.

this is the same kitten who pushed the hermes breakfast cup off the counter and onto the floor? kittens are wretched creatures, indeed. though this one happens to LOOK like an angel.

they can re-roll hems, so i would expect they can cut off the damaged portion and roll a new hem for you. it will be a little shorter, but still beautiful!

DQ - yup, same kitten. I threatened to filet and grill her when she broke the breafast cup and saucer. This time, I mean it!

Great advice about cutting and rehemming. I will bring the stole with me this weekend and ask the tiny Alaska store if they can send it off to be fixed.

Whew! Although, I still would like Muffin to come for a visit to teach some lessons in kitty scarf etiquette!

Oh I feel your pain NS!! The darling kitty in your avatar?? Needs to go to etiquette school lol!! Geesh......good luck though - it seems if anyone can fix anything Hermes can!

That really is one adorable kitten! ( in your avatar?) How could such evil lurk in something so cute?
I am very sorry about your stole and I sincerely hope Hermes will be able to cut and re-hem. To be honest, as someone of short stature, I wouldn't mind a shorter stole a bit! Good luck!

Yes, the same sweet-faced angel as in my avatar. Little monkey....

Awww, come on, DQ. This kitten has very little fat - should make for a light appetizer! LOL!!

Ugh! NINJA.......I feel your pain! These dang kitties just have minds of their own and everything is fair game! I found mine once hanging by her claws on the livingroom drapes!!!!!

I'd be delighted to send Muffin your way....but as you can see, she's just a little busy.......obviously exhausted from a night of prowling eBay......

Attachments

• _MG_3348muff1.jpg
    _MG_3348muff1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 112