Mr. Robot on USA Network

this is an excellent show, and will venture to even say that it's one-of-a-kind! am very excited (and impatient) for its return next season.

for those who are going to start watching this show, this can not be a show to watch while multi-tasking (i confess that i do this often). there's a lot of subtle information presented visually, plus the cinematography is really superb in each episode. i found myself having to rewatch each episode to catch things that i missed.

DS1 was in the first episode. It won the audience award at the SXSW festival. A lot of people here in NY seem to like it. The guy who plays the lead is an absolute sweetheart, so I hope it's successful!

This thread kinda died. Is anyone watching season 2? I am so lost. I loved season one but have all but lost interest in season 2. The worst thing they did was making Mr Robot part of Elliott's imagination. I think it is limiting. Even if was not the father (alive) but some mystery head calling the shots. I hate when an amazing show gets crazy and confusing in season 2. Reminds me of what happened in Sleepy Hollow

I was a late comer to the show too but I really like it. I think Rami Malek (hope I'm spelling his name right) is brillian as Elliott. I also enjoy seeing Christian Slater (had such a crush on him when I was younger).

I thought the first season was really strong, This season has been so/so for me - some episodes I've loved and some I haven't. It is show that you really have to pay attention to - there are alot details and you always have to wonder when Elliot is on - is what you seeing real or merely his imagination (though its getting a little easier). Sometimes they spend too much time in Elliot's fantasy world, which gets tiresome for me. But overall one of the most original shows on TV.

I think the show is well done in terms of acting, cinematography, score, etc. but I don't think it ultimately knows what it's trying to say.
I think that's a fair comment - but its also one of the reasons I watch - to see where it goes - I think the show is trying to deal with multiple issues - mental illness as we witness Elliott's struggles; the theme of income inequality and the power of global corporations as symbolized by EvilCorp on the show and the other is how vulnerable we all are - the theme of control keeps coming up - who is in control? are we in control of our own destinies? also illustrated by the show through the hacking - which I think symbolizes how vulnerable we all are in life (not just on our computers)

I think the success of the show will be how it handles all of these issues but I am curious to see how it all plays out - hopefully the director can get the balance right

Just now getting into this. I'm on episode S1E7, and I think it's pretty dang awesome! I did hear they made some poor choices in S2, but purposely didn't read into it, so I have no clue.