Moving into new place----Superstious

LouisLady

May 22, 2006
Helloooo every1..

I will be soon moving into a new place...

I've heard of supersticious things like throwing salt out and buckets of water n stuff for good luck or whatever..

Could somebody tell me what exactly to do?

Thanks very much!:flowers:

smudging the rooms with sage is said to be cleansing. I found this online:

The following are suggestions for the use of sage for those of you not familiar with the custom. Some words of caution: sage burns very hot, and the embers stay hot for a long time. Always burn sage in a little metal container, an abalone shell, or some type of ceramic or ironstone dish. Put some clean sand in the bottom as an insulator, and NEVER use glass. When you're finished with the sage, cover it with sand and leave it in the container you were using. When you want to use the bundle again, just shake the sand off. When you light the sage, let it flame and then blow the flame out at once. It's the smoke you want....not the fire.

FOR HOUSE CLEANSING: To cleanse and bless your house or apartment, again use the entire bundle to light. Open your front door. Go to the back of the house, and cover as much of the room as you can reach. Be sure to hold the bundle as high as you can. Don't forget the corners of the rooms. Work from the back toward the open door at the front. Go into every room, including bathrooms, closets, utility rooms, kitchen...everywhere. When you get to the front door, say "Anything not here for the highest and best good of those who live here, be gone. You are not wanted, and you are not welcome. This home has been cleansed and blessed." Then walk out the door, close it, and sage around the door and door frame. Leave the bundle outside to burn itself out. Make sure you put it on dirt, or on something that will not burn.

You can usually find sage bundles in health food or new age stores. Congrats on your new place!

i know about the holy water... just to keep bad vibes in the house.. but you invite a priest for that.. or maybe, you can get some when you enter the church.. then just place it all over the house...

We had our house blessed when we moved in. It's a family tradition. Priest came in did a little mass and ended up playing a little basketball with my family.

Congrats.

My very religious grandparents were convinced that my uncle was married to a woman who was possessed by demons, because in a fit of rage she picked up a huge family Bible and ripped it in half. (among other things) They (GPs) put up signs above the entry doors that said "Blood is a token on the house" citing Exodus chapter 12.

Personally, I am not Catholic, so I have never had any home blessed by a priest. My sister in law has.

I would not consider myself superstitious but do have an antique horseshoe with a four leaf clover hanging in my garage.

I have lived in a few houses that I would call kind of "eerie". The house that we live in now (bought three years ago) had 2 people die in it (natural causes) but I work around dead people so that doesn't bother me.

Congratulations on your new home! ENJOY!!