Mourning the loss of my stolen jewelry, but...starting over!

twitspie, thanks.

lettuceshop, I totally agree! It was weird...one day I was just like, "Hey...I can get new stuff now...a lot of new stuff. And with now guilt!" I even said it to my husband. He laughed and said, "Yep!" :lol:

ame, when you filed a police report, did they submit the list to pawn shops in the area? I did that and I even went around and visited a few of them a week after we were robbed. The pawn shop employees could not deal with me directly (meaning if there was something of mine there, they'd have to notify the police and then me), but it gave me the opportunity to meet some of them and kind of put the bug in their ear about what I was looking for. Honestly, I think a lot of these thieves are selling the stuff on the streets or keeping it or giving it to their girlfriends. Although I'm wondering if my thieves were girls! They took one of my favorite handbags! It was by Malababa. It was practically brand new barely worn once. They passed over some more well known brands and took something relatively unknown.:hrmm:

And please don't blame yourself. They are the ones who are wrong. We can't let the thieves steal our ability to let go and make space for more, great memories and experiences.

...food for thought?

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/e...nd-side-stones/scattered-truth-platinum-5543p

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/e...ones/scattered-4-prong-martini-platinum-5379p

They do custom orders if this isn't exactly to your liking (I'm more than likely going through them for my birthday present).

OR

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagemen...red-knife-edge-diamond-engagement-ring-70.htm

This site also does custom work.

They are recommended vendors on a different forum I'm on and their diamonds are just BEAUTIFUL :smile:

Good luck on rebuilding...this sounds like SO much fun despite your losses!

:nuts::yahoo:Thank you so much!!! I love the way the first ring looks with the colored side stones. How do you think it would look with an oval center stone?

Oh my dear, I'm so sorry for you loss... I know how it is because two months ago the same happened to me. After the first shock, all the anger and sadness I started to see the bright side of this situation. While I loved some of the stolen items and will never be able to replace them (like a ring I got from my grandma which I remember since my early childhood), but I've also had plenty of stuff I haven't worn for years and I'm kinda relieved I got rid of them - it was in my jewelry box and my DH was telling me that generally I don't need new jewelry as I have so much and never wear it.
Now I can start my collection and what I know is that I will be much more careful with my choices. I decided that I'll be buying only things I really like and know I'll bevwearing for years.
So good luck with rebuilding you collection!

I'm so sorry for your loss and thank you! I can definitely relate to what you are saying. And it's funny how a situation as unpleasant as this is making me reevaluate how I have been doing things. It makes me want to simplify and reorganize. And I, too, am really thinking about my choices.

ame, when you filed a police report, did they submit the list to pawn shops in the area? I did that and I even went around and visited a few of them a week after we were robbed. The pawn shop employees could not deal with me directly (meaning if there was something of mine there, they'd have to notify the police and then me), but it gave me the opportunity to meet some of them and kind of put the bug in their ear about what I was looking for.

And please don't blame yourself. They are the ones who are wrong. We can't let the thieves steal our ability to let go and make space for more, great memories and experiences.

They took a very detailed report, copies of appraisals, photos of every item (thankfully I took a lot!) and all the details of the stone in my e-ring. They then said "file a claim and replace them because the type of pawn shops that will buy such good will likely not cooperate despite the law, so you will almost definitely never see them again". For months, hell years, despite replacing the items, I scoured every pawn shop I could get to within about 45 minutes drive, even in the worst areas in town. So IF they pawned the item, no one was going to help me at all, and wouldn't cooperate with any police really either, but I am inclined to tihnk that there was a very blingy lady friend around that group. I keep having dreams that Ill find it and get it back though. Still to this day.

But you could have been hit by girls, or at least one girl in the gang. I know my robbers were men, because I wasn't the only victim and I know that one of the other victims had their credit cards used all over. And AFAIK they were never arrested because despite it being a felony offense, it's still "small potatoes" in the scheme of crimes in this city.

I definitely do blame myself, because I went outside of my normal routine and it was during that time that I was robbed! My HOUSE was not robbed, I personally was at the gym, more than once. Like I said earlier, if it had happened at home, we'd have moved within minutes. I don't like this house anyway, so it would be the motivation I needed to GTFO!

Don't rush into anything! I just got my mail today and saw my insurance bill right on top for the annual premium, and I just wrote my check out to make sure it goes out right away. I hate that people can't just mind their own business and stay out of other peoples homes and get their own stuff!

I am one of quite a few of their former customers who got sucked into the hugely popular vortex of recommendations that this vendor gets and got hosed. Not only by them, but by daring to negatively review them on said forum. Their workmanship was horrendous, their service was worse. Their diamonds are great, but that's about all they have going for them, frankly. And half of their former ownership now ones the other vendor you recommended.

Wow...that is unfortunate - thanks. But you know, I really appreciate the pictures. I don't think I'll be ordering online (too scared):blush: but I'd like to have some ideas to show when I go in to look at diamonds and settings. Those pictures give me some great ideas about things I had not considered, so thanks to you both!

They took a very detailed report, copies of appraisals, photos of every item (thankfully I took a lot!) and all the details of the stone in my e-ring. They then said "file a claim and replace them because the type of pawn shops that will buy such good will likely not cooperate despite the law, so you will almost definitely never see them again". For months, hell years, despite replacing the items, I scoured every pawn shop I could get to within about 45 minutes drive, even in the worst areas in town. So IF they pawned the item, no one was going to help me at all, and wouldn't cooperate with any police really either, but I am inclined to tihnk that there was a very blingy lady friend around that group. I keep having dreams that Ill find it and get it back though. Still to this day.

But you could have been hit by girls, or at least one girl in the gang. I know my robbers were men, because I wasn't the only victim and I know that one of the other victims had their credit cards used all over. And AFAIK they were never arrested because despite it being a felony offense, it's still "small potatoes" in the scheme of crimes in this city.

I definitely do blame myself, because I went outside of my normal routine and it was during that time that I was robbed! My HOUSE was not robbed, I personally was at the gym, more than once. Like I said earlier, if it had happened at home, we'd have moved within minutes. I don't like this house anyway, so it would be the motivation I needed to GTFO!

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you were actually robbed in person. That's scary. I don't think I would ever go back to that gym.

Yeah, the whole pawn shop thing is a joke. And the police don't care. They did the whole finger print thing and the only thing that came out of that was the stains on the carpet from the stuff they used that I cannot get out.:pout: It's a joke. The only thing that keeps me from getting really mad is the thought of new stuff. I started looking at a lot of new stuff.

ame said:
I am one of quite a few of their former customers who got sucked into the hugely popular vortex of recommendations that this vendor gets and got hosed. Not only by them, but by daring to negatively review them on said forum. Their workmanship was horrendous, their service was worse. Their diamonds are great, but that's about all they have going for them, frankly. And half of their former ownership now ones the other vendor you recommended.

Good to know! On my ring, their quote came in at almost $200 more for less specs than what BGD quoted me, so I knew I wasn't going with them. I have a jeweler I go to locally, but it was hard to convey to them what I wanted (language barrier) and they didn't get it lol. Should I avoid BGD then too? (sorry for the OT post) I wanted something I couldn't just go and buy anywhere for my birthday.

OP, I hope those photos helped :smile: I think an oval would look lovely :smile: especially with a colored scatter...how fun!

Wow...that is unfortunate - thanks. But you know, I really appreciate the pictures. I don't think I'll be ordering online (too scared):blush: but I'd like to have some ideas to show when I go in to look at diamonds and settings. Those pictures give me some great ideas about things I had not considered, so thanks to you both!
I have bought many items online, diamonds especially. I just let all the positives on that other forum convince me, and the glaring lack of ANY negatives on there should've been a HUGE red flag. Their diamonds are lovely, I just didn't feel I got quality workmanship, repeatedly, nor did my appraiser. And I don't appreciate being accused of ridiculously outlandish things when I let them know it wasn't well made instead of taking responsibility.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you were actually robbed in person. That's scary. I don't think I would ever go back to that gym.

Yeah, the whole pawn shop thing is a joke. And the police don't care. They did the whole finger print thing and the only thing that came out of that was the stains on the carpet from the stuff they used that I cannot get out.:pout: It's a joke. The only thing that keeps me from getting really mad is the thought of new stuff. I started looking at a lot of new stuff.

LOL! That is a delicious thing, though. To be able to totally start over. I got about the same things. I didn't really vary it, though looking back...lol maybe I should have, bec the replacement DRAMA has drug on for over 2 years!

oh I quit that gym. I quit it loudly. That was not the first time there, it was also one of many pretty serious incidents with that particular gym, and was pretty much the final straw. They had NO security cameras on the premises and they're trying to get women there AT NIGHT for classes with no sense of security. Forget that!

lol My husband said that's the Universe telling me not to work out ;)

LOL! That is a delicious thing, though. To be able to totally start over. I got about the same things. I didn't really vary it, though looking back...lol maybe I should have, bec the replacement DRAMA has drug on for over 2 years!

oh I quit that gym. I quit it loudly. That was not the first time there, it was also one of many pretty serious incidents with that particular gym, and was pretty much the final straw. They had NO security cameras on the premises and they're trying to get women there AT NIGHT for classes with no sense of security. Forget that!

lol My husband said that's the Universe telling me not to work out ;)
That is crazy! So glad you quit that gym.

LOL @ your husband...I wonder if the same Universe told me to buy that butter pecan ice cream when I was in the store about a half hour ago.:whistle::lol:

I had no idea it was hollow! I love the look, but if it's not comfortable...
mine isn't from tiffany because I thought I was allergic to the platinum, so mine was made in white gold at a jeweler. It turned out I was allergic to whatever lotion/fragrance the sales associate was wearing when she put in on my finger -___- so thankfully tiffany platinum pieces are open to me again.

Good to know! On my ring, their quote came in at almost $200 more for less specs than what BGD quoted me, so I knew I wasn't going with them. I have a jeweler I go to locally, but it was hard to convey to them what I wanted (language barrier) and they didn't get it lol. Should I avoid BGD then too? (sorry for the OT post) I wanted something I couldn't just go and buy anywhere for my birthday.

OP, I hope those photos helped :smile: I think an oval would look lovely :smile: especially with a colored scatter...how fun!

I love the pictures...thank you!

mine isn't from tiffany because I thought I was allergic to the platinum, so mine was made in white gold at a jeweler. It turned out I was allergic to whatever lotion/fragrance the sales associate was wearing when she put in on my finger -___- so thankfully tiffany platinum pieces are open to me again.

Ohh...I hope you get the Tiffany one!!!