Most frustrating shopping experience EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm glad that everyone else thinks that the new policy is absolutely ridiculous.

I did speak to manager and was able to return them sweaters. I am going to call on Monday to get both an address for corporate and the district manager for the DC metro region. I really do feel strongly that I was mistreated.

I shop at BR all the time and I am seriously thinking about boycotting the store. They've instituted really strange policies over the last few years - the one that bothered me most prior to my incident on Friday is their store credit policy. I find it unusual that they do not issue a credit directly in store - that you have to wait about 2 weeks for it to come in the mail. I've also had an experience where I could not find my receipt and had to return something. I found something to exchange (I really hate returning outright and try my best to exchange if I have to bring something back), and since I did not have my receipt, they would not allow the exchange to go through.

I think my experiences at BR have really turned me off from shopping there, which is extremely unfortunate. I hope that by talking about it here on the forum, that in some small way, my voice will be heard.

Thanks for the support everyone! :flowers:

I used to work at Macy's in the Tyson's Galleria and they pretty much have the same store credit policy. Whenever I had a customer that had a return, I always a hard time explaining to them that they would receive their store credit in the mail. I would always get some weird looks and I never knew how to explain it to them because I myself thought it was weird. But i never had a customer go crazy over receiving it in the mail...they just always walked away puzzled.:lol:

That's no way to treat a customer. I would've been very pissed too especially if she told you you couldn't return them because you wore it when you just tried it on. Sheesh!

Seriously I shop at the BR all the time at Tysons. What jerks!! Completely unprofessional and I must say Im happy that you stood up for yourself. I cant believe that they would even do that to you. I feel like boycotting with you just for the pure principle!!!!!!!:drinks:

I can't believe that this had happened to you. I feel so sorry.
If the tags-attached items are not stained/torn/washed, they should refund you in a heartbeat.
Tried-on doesn't mean 'worn'.
Sometimes the store is just too crowded (esp. around holidays), I would buy and bring the clothes home to try.
Now I know I can't do that at Banana Republic.
Oh well, there are so many other stores to buy from. Lucky us~

Status
Not open for further replies.