Morning After vs Morning After Mini -weight ?s and pics

I'm going to revive this thread as I want to know a little bit more about the weight of these bags. I have never seen or touched them in real life but I am definitely considering. I tried to research a bit but none of the sites tell you approximately how much these bags weigh soo please help out if you can. More specifically, I want to know more about the weight of the MAM. :yes:

I think I can answer my own question now that my MAM has arrived. :smile:

The regular-sized MA is too heavy for me but the MAM is just perfect. It is much lighter than other designer leather bags I've carried but not as light as say, a bbag. I think the MAM is about 2-3 lbs in weight. I'm not sure about the MAM but there was a noticeable difference to me.

IMO, the weight of the MAB and MAM are pretty much the same. We are talking about just a few inches of extra leather in regard to the size difference. However, because of the added space in the MA, you can obviously fit more, and that is when it becomes substantially heavier. For me, when I am carrying my MA, I carry everything I would in my MAM, including cosmetic case, cell phone, agenda, a novel, wallet, pencil case, coin purse, "essentials pouch" and then I usually add a large notebook, a bottle of water or two and some snacks. As a result, the MA is substantially heavier!:P;)

I agree ^. The MAB is not a lot heavier but is so much more cavernous. For me, I think the difference is whether I can wear it on the shoulder or not. If the MAB is stuffed to the brim, I have to wear it on the arm, which makes it feel MUCH heavier.

for me it was a difference in the leathers. the midnight leather on my MAM is thinner and weighs less that the leather on my glazed almond MAB.

I totally agree with this. I have a black MAB that weighs nearly twice as much as my caramel MAB - the caramel is much thinner/lighter, while the black leather is thick and pebbled. I've always dislike heavy bags, which led me to my Balenciaga obsession. However - my black MAB is the heaviest bag I own, but still gets the most use. I absolutely adore it!

Hi everyone! I tried and searched for comparison pics of someone wearing both the MA and MAM size bag. In all of the comparison threads, there were pics, but they were either of the bags side by side or in relation to other bags. While these pics are helpful, I would really love to see modeling pics of both sizes on the same person. Could someone with both sizes help out and take some pics?

TIA!

I have more pics posted in another post but here are two modeling pics:
rm1blmodelpic.jpg

rmgrmodelpic.jpg

^Wanted to add that the larger MA isn't really a shoulder bag. Even with the mini MA I loop it around my arm for the most part (doesn't fit over jackets). I'm about 5'5 and 120 lbs for reference. I love the mini size the most. The regular I've only worn once in the entire life of owning it.

Thanks! You pretty much confirmed what I figured. I love my new Ruby MAM. I was hoping the MA wasn't too different/too much bigger b/c I love the night blue color, but can only find it in the MA style. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for another color....

Thanks deliciouz! :smile: The top one is the regular blue (I WISH it was dark gray! lol) and the bottom is dark gray.

atp: Yeah definitely hold for a MAM. I'll never buy a regular size again. The MAM is perfect size in my opinion for everyday use. It might be convenient if you always carry tons of stuff, but I haven't been carrying too much lately. I'm undecided about selling my dark gray because I don't use it but I love the color.