Monogram College Bag (Large) Reveal in New Vert Fonce

Dec 10, 2014
Saint Laurent Monogram College Satchel (Large) in New Vert Fonce/Dark Green/Forest Green, sheepskin ("mouton")
I had been mulling over this bag since March. I love green and purple and it's so hard to find anything in those colors for handbags, especially green. This bag is an amalgamation of all the green bags I've purchased in my life, when I think about it (quilted pattern, gold hardware, slightly slouchy but structured frame).

The Saint Laurent monogram college large looks small, but I fit all of my essentials (overly stuffed pen case, A5 moleskin, wallet, business card holder, anti-bac, lotion, chapstick, tissues, keys, wet wipes, work badge, LV cotton wipe cloth, and iPhone 6 plus). I can even shove a 7.25 x 10 inch booklet in with all of this! I can fully utilize the 3 "compartments" since they go the bottom of the bag.

The leather is soft, but I have to admit that I think the leather and hardware on the handle feel cheap and thin. Due to this, the handle leather coating is chipped/gouged in one spot. I'm going to see if I can put some "life" into the handle--it feels dry and may be the reason it became gouged/chipped so easily. My Coach Rogue has more sumptuous leather and substantially weighted brass hardware. The shoulder strap is a good length and is extremely light (again, the links feel like gold-coated plastic).

The authenticity card is a black piece of card-stock paper, that's it (I confirmed that's correct from some other TPF posters just now). There is also no English language material that tells me that my bag is sheepskin, which I did find odd, considering I've never seen a brand not translate such stickers or product information.

Overall, I love this bag. And I'll live with the damaged state of this bag since I don't trust SL to correct it/send me a better replacement since they couldn't even remember to send me a receipt or provide me shipping notice information as promised (but the carrier sent me texts anyway).

In any case, shopping experience aside, it's a classic bag that I hope to keep in my collection forever. I might get a chevron card case, but I will want to see it in person to avoid any gouges/quality concerns. If I do buy any future colors in amaranto or black, I will only buy them from a department store like Barney's or Neiman Marcus to get better service or maybe Saks so I can see it in person.

Thank you for reading my long post! :smile:
Ysl%20college%20monogram%20forest%20green%20tpf_zpsnctzc6eh.jpeg

Saint Laurent Monogram College Satchel (Large) in New Vert Fonce/Dark Green/Forest Green, sheepskin ("mouton")
I had been mulling over this bag since March. I love green and purple and it's so hard to find anything in those colors for handbags, especially green. This bag is an amalgamation of all the green bags I've purchased in my life, when I think about it (quilted pattern, gold hardware, slightly slouchy but structured frame).

The Saint Laurent monogram college large looks small, but I fit all of my essentials (overly stuffed pen case, A5 moleskin, wallet, business card holder, anti-bac, lotion, chapstick, tissues, keys, wet wipes, work badge, LV cotton wipe cloth, and iPhone 6 plus). I can even shove a 7.25 x 10 inch booklet in with all of this! I can fully utilize the 3 "compartments" since they go the bottom of the bag.

The leather is soft, but I have to admit that I think the leather and hardware on the handle feel cheap and thin. Due to this, the handle leather coating is chipped/gouged in one spot. I'm going to see if I can put some "life" into the handle--it feels dry and may be the reason it became gouged/chipped so easily. My Coach Rogue has more sumptuous leather and substantially weighted brass hardware. The shoulder strap is a good length and is extremely light (again, the links feel like gold-coated plastic).

The authenticity card is a black piece of card-stock paper, that's it (I confirmed that's correct from some other TPF posters just now). There is also no English language material that tells me that my bag is sheepskin, which I did find odd, considering I've never seen a brand not translate such stickers or product information.

Overall, I love this bag. And I'll live with the damaged state of this bag since I don't trust SL to correct it/send me a better replacement since they couldn't even remember to send me a receipt or provide me shipping notice information as promised (but the carrier sent me texts anyway).

In any case, shopping experience aside, it's a classic bag that I hope to keep in my collection forever. I might get a chevron card case, but I will want to see it in person to avoid any gouges/quality concerns. If I do buy any future colors in amaranto or black, I will only buy them from a department store like Barney's or Neiman Marcus to get better service or maybe Saks so I can see it in person.

Wow, what a gorgeous purse!!! Now I want one too!!! Thank you for the wonderful review. I love the color as well. Must check it out in person too. :tup::yes:

Reactions: donutsprinkles

Congrats! How do you like the chain shoulder strap? How heavy or light compared to Chanel?

Congrats! How do you like the chain shoulder strap? How heavy or light compared to Chanel?
I have never had a Chanel so I cannot compare unfortunately. The strap is light, though. I took the bag fully packed (maybe 6 pounds?) for a day of mall shopping and I would say I don't recommend it because it is a shoulder bag and too much weight on the strap after three hours, no matter the strap width, is too much. I think if it's just on my shoulder for an hour or two max, it is quite comfortable in width.

I have never had a Chanel so I cannot compare unfortunately. The strap is light, though. I took the bag fully packed (maybe 6 pounds?) for a day of mall shopping and I would say I don't recommend it because it is a shoulder bag and too much weight on the strap after three hours, no matter the strap width, is too much. I think if it's just on my shoulder for an hour or two max, it is quite comfortable in width.[/QUOTEi
I thought it's unbelievably light! I'm having doubts if mine is not real but I got it from a legit site.
Thanks