MJ CAROLINE help please!!!!

I would agree with the too dressy part, though indeed this bag is very classy. I had this bag for a few weeks and it was hard for me to use it for an everyday bag. I had one in ivory. Maybe if I bought it in black, it would've been more versatile. I ended up selling it to my friend. Nonetheless, it's a beautiful bag and if you've fallen in love already, go for it!

Good luck!!

bag.lover, I agree. The bag is so classic and elegant. Honestly, it reminds me of my Grandmother's bags back in the 60's. Obviously, these are more updated and suited for today but they have that flavor to them. IMHO :smile:

bag.lover said:

(Eluxury sale at the end of May 2006)
Marc Jacobs Collection
Chevron Caroline Bag

$1,495.00 SALE PRICE: $1,045.00
Chic chevron stripes of black goatskin leather create a smart geometric pattern on Marc's beautiful Caroline tote. Hand-braided leather handles sit atop the brass-and-leather frame that opens seamlessly to a sumptuous suede lining. Finished with a cross-over leather strap with a signature press-lock.
  • Soft goatskin leather
  • Hand-braided handles; 5" drop
  • Golden brass hardware
  • Hinged frame closure with leather strap and press-lock
  • Suede lining with interior zipped pocket
  • Protective metal feet
  • 15.5" x 11.25" x 4.75"
  • Made in Italy

bag.lover said:

(Eluxury sale at the end of May 2006)
Marc Jacobs Collection
Chevron Medium Frame Bag
$1,350.00 SALE PRICE: $945.00
Pristine ivory goatskin leather is cut into chevron stripes and then topstitched to create a Deco-inspired pattern on Marc's gorgeous new bag. Hand-braided leather handles arch upwards from the brass-and-leather frame while a leather strap crossing over the front ends with a signature press-lock. With a sumptuous suede interior.
  • Soft goatskin leather
  • Hand-braided handles; 5" drop
  • Golden brass hardware
  • Hinged frame closure with leather strap and press-lock
  • Suede lining with interior zipped pocket
  • Protective metal feet
  • 14" x 7.5" x 3.5"
  • Made in Italy

It won't arrive for one week. (Just ordered it today!) But I will post photo's when it arrives. I've waited for sooooo long for this bag - i'm so excited. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. But I really love that retro look - so this is perfect for me!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: