Miss south carolina miss teen USA 2007: The *clever*

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:
That's a real shame. I know these girls are under a lot of pressure but that's no excuse in completely failing to answer a question. They're prepared for months, even years for this moment. Her answer didn't even have anything to do with the question. Well most of it didn't. Lord in Heaven, what is this world coming to? LOL!

That didn't make ANY sense. I love how she tried to sound smart using "such as". LOL!! And BTW, I don't think the term "US Americans" was used badly. It may not be the common term, but I live in Mexico and my country is still a part of the continent called America. So technically, I'm an American too. Just not a "US American". Don't you think?

What's funny is she's getting more attention than the actual winner. So ultimately, she wins. Even bad publicity is good publicity isn't it? Jessica Simpson's made her entire career on acting stupid. I listened to her response several times, because I couldn't even understand what she was talking about. Listening to her made ME feel stupid! It's like some of you have said...she's probably a pro at public speaking, it's not like they randomly picked someone out of the audience and asked them some complicated question!! I was so embarrassed for her! And what did South Africa have to do with anything??!!

Yes I feel bad for her because I think it would have been terrifying up there... however, it's way too funny not to laugh (I'm laughing just thinking about it!)

Anyway, she's a lot more famous than the winner and 2nd place getter... she's probably stoked!!

No sympathy for her here at all. She chose to put herself in that position. She didn't get to that level of competition without having some idea of what would be expected of her.

And yes, the school systems in the South suck! I know, I was born and raised in North Carolina and spent three years in South Carolina. My job also involves me with high school students. If "Blondie" did nothing, she raised awareness of how desperately the school systems here need help, because I can tell you first hand she is an unfortunate typical example of what's being turned out of high schools these days.

She would have been better off saying, "I have no idea!"

I only feel a little sorry for her, mostly because it's getting so so so much attention. I can't imagine that poor girl returning to school! Going to be rough.

I think the thing that makes me not feel too bad is how she handled it afterward. She got a little defensive and made excuses, instead of saying look, I was really nervous and my nervousness took over, I apologize, what I said made no sense at all and I'm so embarrassed! Laughing at yourself and admitting when you do something stupid will make it a lot more difficult for people to point and laugh.

LOL!@@@@!!!

Because most U.S Americans don't have them (maps)..priceless!

but then i thought about how i would answer that question...and it's really hard to answer that on the spot. Why the hell don't 1/5 of Americans know where the U.S is on a map???

I don't blame that on the school system - it's not like asking where Afghanistan is. I blame it on gameboys, tv, junk food ...etc and parents who don't take an active role in their children's education and upbringing. The school system can give you all the information in the world, but if your child isn't listening or paying attention...what can they do?

(Somehow i don't think that answer would have gone down any better than her actual response)

Can you imagine YOUR child not knowing where U.S is on a map (assuming you live in the U.S.) ???