Miroir owners were you told?

The manager of my LV store and I discussed the pros and cons before I put my name on the waitlist,we have always been frank and honest with each other and value each others opinions.

I was made aware of the materials and process being used to create the striking bags,common sense alone told me these bags would require extra care.
I got the Silver Alma GM and two Silver Speedys,sold one Speedy and have yet to have any problems with my Mirior items and have used both though not on a daliy basis.

I remember when the originals came out...and people being told to take extra care with it. Then the first problems started happening within days, the wrinkling underneath the straps on the papillon and the pochette.
Then...after about 3-4 weeks someone posted pictures about the stress marks on the bag (seriously...how much could you use a bag in that amount of time)!

Now we've got bubbling....

How often is 'Don't use this bag very often'? Once a year?

I really hope you get a response to your letter Claire...and if it is a form letter, then I would go one step higher until you get a satisfactory answer.

I fully believe that Louis Vuitton was not aware of the potential problems that might arise....HOWEVER, when complaints start rolling in, they should be resolving the complaints to the customer's satisfaction. NOT coming back with 'Oh, that's a natural process'. I'm sorry, bubbling is not a natural process on anything!!!

I don't own any Mirroir pieces, but I really do think that the bubbling issue is unacceptable. It would be one thing if you were carrying 10 pounds of stuff in your bag daily, but these bags really should hold up with normal use.

I haven't heard anything from my SA about having to pay special attention to the miroir, either my SA thinks I know enough or she herself is clueless! (actually she's a bit clueless, but she's still nice, lol).

Not sure if she's heard of any problems with the earlier miroirs before, I wonder if she'd honestly tell me if I ask her about it, hmm :smile:

This whole situation is just terrible. I am appaled that a company that prides itself on its good name will have a known problem with a bag and not do anything to rectify the situation. I think that they should offer a full refund, the bags are defective. If people can live with the problem keep the bag, if it bothers you then I feel that you should be refunded in full! For the prices people have paid for these mirrior bags I think that it is only fair. I hope that you do what you need to do to make things right for yourself.

I did not get any warnings at all from my SA's --- I bought my silver Miroir Lockit at Bloomingdales's and my gold Miroir Lockit from Saks. Neither SA's said anything at all about any potential problems I may have with these PVC bags. So far I haven't experienced any problems with them.

Nevertheless, you did have a problem with your Speedy --- a serious one in my book --- so I am really hoping that LV takes care of you and gives you more than the measly excuse they gave you. Good luck to you, Claire!!!

I wasn't told anything either... I am SERIOUSLEY thinking of selling mine before it gets messed up! It won't sell for much if it is damaged!! I really like it, but I would rather have something else that isn't so delicate!

Argh Dell don't do anything rash just because of me nobody else seems to be having this problem maybe it's something they know of but doesn't happen very often kwim?
Please don't panic sell you may really regret it & won't be able to get another

Definitely not! I too have issues w/Miroir, but then eventually got over it (gold pap's straps have stretch marks from stiching)....probably the last PVC bags for me :'( Sorry about ur Miroir, i feel ur pain :sad:

well, nobody ever told me, but i know that you have to make sure the handles do not touch the bag for an extended amount of time (2 hours on a hot day will ruin the bag) because it will make a mark and a dent that wont buff out.

My sa didnt tell me anything well even she didnt tell me anything i guess when time come there will be some wear & tear i got some dent & abit peeling at the handle well i had amend it i guess it will be alrite and doesnt affect me cos i luv it (ALMA GM)!!!!!!!