MINKIE Chat thread... Let's chat!! (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes both did, but they weren't hit on the interstate! One car got dents and the other was fine, but it was an older car not made of plastic like today's cars.

I had one car that got crunched in the front even at a fairly slow speed. It was a cheap car...they are designed to give and are not salvageable.

I think you are right in that cars are suppose to 'give' and absorb the impact of the crash in order to protect the driver and passengers of the car. Since DH and I were happy that the car managed to protect me, we ended up buying the same car again, albeit a newer model. ;)

TGP - Glad you were quick enough to get the licence plate number of the guy who rear-ended you.

For my DH and me, we met in college so there was no way we were ready for marriage then. Went through lots of experiences and lived together during first jobs, etc., and then got engaged after dating for about 7 years (some on and off). We didn't feel rushed and it was perfect! Been married now for 4 1/2 years. Congrats to LR and Knas!!

This is us!! Matt and I met and began seriously dating when we were 23. In our opinions we still had a lot of growing up to do and were nowhere near being able to make a lifetime commitment. We had a good feeling that we had found the one but we are very level headed and knew that only time can really tell. Once we found out that our relationship only got stronger and more intense with time we knew getting married was the right thing to do. I for one do not want to get divorced so I wanted to make sure that we could handle real life before making that huge step. This is what worked for us.

ReceptionShot.jpg

You look STUNNING :yahoo: I love the beaded trim on your dress and the elegant pulled back hair. Your jewelry really works perfectly with your dress too. You are such a beautiful bride!

^^ If you do, order today before the sale officially starts tomorrow. My stuff already shipped!
Use the code displayed here on tpf and their free shipping code (they allow stacking).

:hugs:Littlerock !!

I've been thinking about you & wondering what you looked like on your happy day! Now I know......GORGEOUS!!! You deserve all the happiness in the world!

Can't wait to see your formal pictures.

:heart: 'tessa

OMG LittleROck!!! GORGEOUS !!! what a beautiful couple- that means... beautiful babies!!!
congrats! wishing you and Knas all the love and happiness in the world... oh- and patience and strength! LOL!

OMG! so glad everyone was okay!!! i'm so sick of idiot teenage drivers!! LOL
seems like a month for car accidents! GEEZ!

i live on a 102 acre ranch. and on thursday morning i packed my 3 kids in the car- daily routine, take the girls to school, drop boy off at daycare- head to class myself.
i drive on a dirt bumpy, hilly road for a bout a mile from my house to the gate entrance. i go up a hill and need to turn right... well.. my car doesn't turn. and then it doesn't break either! with cat like reflexes i slam the E break and put the car in park. my front tires are literally on the edge of a cliff! (used to be a road that collapsed!)
i manage to slowly back it back up on to the road. and my oldest dd walked back to the house to get her dad. turns out there was a RAT in my engine sleeping and getting warm for the night. he knocked a belt off ... UGGGHH!! so scary. but everyone escaped without a scratch.. well... except for the squished rat...

My hubby and I were together 4 years when he proposed. We had "officially" lived together for about 2 even though we were basically back and forth between each other's houses after two months, lol.

For us it was a combination of trying to be a bit more financially stable and what not. We originally planned to marry at the beginning of June, but I had some health issues and he was laid off so we had to push it back a bit more. So our engagement was 18 months.

That is soooo romantic!!! :girlsigh:

Aw, that's so cute!!!

So still working on the full frontal shot... but my coworker sent me this, this morning. She took it while I was coming out of the buffet line, lol.

ReceptionShot.jpg
Friggin gorgy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.