Mini Lin or Monogram .. That is the question

southpaw

An Obsessed Leftie
O.G.
Mar 2, 2007
I'm wanting to buy a speedy 30 .. is the Mini Lin a durable everyday bag?
or would the Monogram Canvas be a better choice. I love the new Damier Azur but would prefer something in a brown so can carry it year round.
Please help so I can order today ....

or .. one last option a Cerises Speedy. I know it only comes in a 25. I had a Speedy 30 and sold it for a coach set (bad choice that I regret) and had chosen the 30 over the 25 just cause the opening of the 25 seemed too small and hard to get in and out of. (I carry a zippy wallet).

I'm not big on shoulder straps so that rules out BV's, Popincourt Haut, hubby poo poo's the Noe (hey I take his opinion cause he seems to know better even then me half the time which I'll be happier with) and the Papillion shape gives me flashbacks to all my D&B barrel bags so it's out .. lol.

Which would be the best everyday worry free choice?

I would get either the monogram or the damier speedy. Personally, I don't like the mini lin at all - reminds me of a grandmother bag (I know some people on the forum like it though). I also don't like the increased sag since the bag is just linen. You can't go wrong with the monogram or damier - they will last you for many, many years. I have both the 25 and 30 in mono (and 25 does fit my zippy wallet fine too), and the 25 in Damier. I really love them all. I like the Azur too, but won't go with quite as much, but it's really pretty.

Mongoram Canvas is a better choice. It's the classic style, you can never go wrong with it! The Mini Lin will be "out of style" in a matter of months. The Monogram Canvas lasts for all eternity.

Mongoram Canvas is a better choice. It's the classic style, you can never go wrong with it! The Mini Lin will be "out of style" in a matter of months. The Monogram Canvas lasts for all eternity. But then again, if you want the Mini Lin, go for it!

Since you are after an everyday bag... the mini lin isn't exactly the easiest bag to keep clean... once it is dirty than it's dirty!

Therefore, I agree with cahrleston-mom that the monogram or damier canvas(in ebony) is a far better choice!!!

Do you like the Alma?

Mini Lin ebene is just as durable and resistant to dirt because of its dark color. Plus it looks more everyday and desecretly LV, not loud. kwim.

I recommend the classic/iconic mono speedy. Especially if durability and wearablity are your main concerns. The mini lin is linen and not as resistant to dirt and such as the coated canvas. Plus, with the canvas marks/spills wipe right off. If you wanted to get away from vachetta then the Damier Speedy is definitely a great choice.

In terms of size I would go with the 30. I prefer the look of big bags and IMO it's better to have more bag than you will use then less - KWIM? Plus, the opening on the 30 is so much easier to get in and out of.

Best of luck with your order - keep us updated! :flowers: