Midsommar

Mar 9, 2013
While waiting for another show to start, I caught the last 15 minutes of a movie airing on HBO. Not my usual taste but Midsommar seemed strange and intriguing. I wound up wanting to see the entire movie. And now I can't get it out of my head. Basically, anthropology grad students visit a commune in Sweden where a festival is about to begin. The commune is a great topic for a thesis but it becomes a little too interesting. Rituals, potions, sex and death are key.

Please watch it so that I can hand off my obsession to someone else. Vlad?

Reactions: zinacef
Went to see it in the cinema when it came out, back in days when I still bothered showing up at movie theatres.
Decent movie. The girl was rather narcissistic in my memory...
Studio A24 movies were the bomb back then. Check out "The Witch"...
Also the original "The Wicker man" 1973 (on which I suspect Midsummar relies a lot).

Last edited:
Reactions: limom and skyqueen
I'm a huge Midsommar fan. It is my favorite movie of all time. I think the film really depicts what it is like having grief and anxiety and the feeling that no one understands. During the pandemic, I even attempted to recreate the main character Danis flower dress and my best friend made a flower crown and it was my 2020 Halloween costume! I even have a yellow temple handbag made by Backstitch Bruja which I use frequently and adore!

Attachments

• CM_Photogrid_1656215208078.jpg
    CM_Photogrid_1656215208078.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 14
  • PhotoGrid_1630108875987.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1630108875987.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 14
  • PhotoGrid_1604089526689.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1604089526689.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 14
I'm a huge Midsommar fan. It is my favorite movie of all time. I think the film really depicts what it is like having grief and anxiety and the feeling that no one understands. During the pandemic, I even attempted to recreate the main character Danis flower dress and my best friend made a flower crown and it was my 2020 Halloween costume! I even have a yellow temple handbag made by Backstitch Bruja which I use frequently and adore!

wow that is fantastic!

I think I'll need to watch the movie tonight.

Reactions: AshTx.1
Your flower crown is beautiful and I love the temple bag!

I love this crown.. amazing