Michael Kors metallic leather....who owns one and how does it wear?

I have a MK Astor satchel in metallic gold. It's several years old and ITA that the hardware wears off before the leather! Beautiful bag that has taken a lot of abuse!!

I purchased the Monogram Mirror Metallic in the large tote and on one side it did flake off within 3 weeks of purchase. I returned it for another one in hopes that it was a defective bag. I will keep you all posted as to the wear of the second bag. Other than that I absolutely love, love, love this bag. It is black with tan leather trim. It's my first Michael Kors bag and if it wears well I will be sold!

I agree with nascar fan. "Buy, use, enjoy." I have the Michael Kors astor weekender in gunmetal and the metallic leather has held up very well. I use this bag as my work tote and mommy bag and it has taken quite a beating. I have not had any peeling or flaking issues with my bag. So, go for it!

The gunmetal is my fav!!!! I really want a bag in that color.

So, I was wandering through Macy's yesterday in the Michael Kors section of course :biggrin: and I came across the same bag I have in my avatar, but in gold metallic......YUMMMMMMMMM I pet it for a few minutes and an SA came over and unhooked it for me to model and play.....it was LOVE!!!! I love the Lily tote and have been using my python one non stop since my DH bought it for me in July. It's such a GREAT bag, comfortable on the shoulder, gets lots of compliments wherever I go and it's very easy to get in and out of. I would love another, but I am unsure how the metallic leather would wear. When DH bought me the python embossed, I was totally unsure about how it would wear, but this bag has surprised me.....I have even been caught in the middle of a hurricaine with torrential rain and wind (forgot my umbrella in the car) with this bag on my shoulder, and you couldnt even tell it was in the rain! That really surprised me b/c I thought for sure it would show wear. It still looks brand new. No scratches either! Metallic on the other hand is a totally different leather to me.....I know from past experiences several other designer brands have had issues with metallic flaking off or peeling rather quickly. I do not want to invest over $300 on a bag that could have these issues. Does anyone own a Michael Kors metallic bag and have you noticed any wear on it or have you had any problems at all with it? Thanks in advance :smile:
The material separates.