Michael Kors metallic leather....who owns one and how does it wear?

Mrs. Mac

Purse Queen
Dec 11, 2008
So, I was wandering through Macy's yesterday in the Michael Kors section of course :biggrin: and I came across the same bag I have in my avatar, but in gold metallic......YUMMMMMMMMM I pet it for a few minutes and an SA came over and unhooked it for me to model and play.....it was LOVE!!!! I love the Lily tote and have been using my python one non stop since my DH bought it for me in July. It's such a GREAT bag, comfortable on the shoulder, gets lots of compliments wherever I go and it's very easy to get in and out of. I would love another, but I am unsure how the metallic leather would wear. When DH bought me the python embossed, I was totally unsure about how it would wear, but this bag has surprised me.....I have even been caught in the middle of a hurricaine with torrential rain and wind (forgot my umbrella in the car) with this bag on my shoulder, and you couldnt even tell it was in the rain! That really surprised me b/c I thought for sure it would show wear. It still looks brand new. No scratches either! Metallic on the other hand is a totally different leather to me.....I know from past experiences several other designer brands have had issues with metallic flaking off or peeling rather quickly. I do not want to invest over $300 on a bag that could have these issues. Does anyone own a Michael Kors metallic bag and have you noticed any wear on it or have you had any problems at all with it? Thanks in advance :smile:

^^ Thank you!!!! I think the quality of the Michael Kors bags is a superior quality, but metallic is a leather that always scared me.....I reallly loved this bag in gold though!!!! I cant stop thinking about it. And the 2 bags, even though they are the same, look NOTHING alike with one being gold and the other being python embossed!

I agree with nascar fan. "Buy, use, enjoy." I have the Michael Kors astor weekender in gunmetal and the metallic leather has held up very well. I use this bag as my work tote and mommy bag and it has taken quite a beating. I have not had any peeling or flaking issues with my bag. So, go for it!

I am wondering the same thing. I just purchased the uptown Astor in metallic I love the bag but I am scared it will flake or rub off so I am going to hold on cutting the tags. I have had other brands and they did flake but this leather does feel diff than those. Hope you get more replies.

OMG We went to Olive Garden for dinner tonight.....I left our table to go to the ladies' room and there was a woman in the waiting area with a gunmetal Layton shoulder bag....OMG I couldnt stop staring at the bag!!!!! It was GORGEOUS!!!!!

I agree with nascar fan. "Buy, use, enjoy." I have the Michael Kors astor weekender in gunmetal and the metallic leather has held up very well. I use this bag as my work tote and mommy bag and it has taken quite a beating. I have not had any peeling or flaking issues with my bag. So, go for it!

Thank you SO much! After seeing the gunmetal color on someone tonight, I am going to have a tough decision.....but I am very happy to hear you have the gunmetal (GORGEOUS) color and have had no problems!!!!! :yahoo: I am definitely going to go for a metallic....

Thank you SO much! After seeing the gunmetal color on someone tonight, I am going to have a tough decision.....but I am very happy to hear you have the gunmetal (GORGEOUS) color and have had no problems!!!!! :yahoo: I am definitely going to go for a metallic....
I am seriously wanting this one.

Attachments

• Skorpios%20Ring%20Tote,%20Palladium%20Python(2).jpg
    Skorpios%20Ring%20Tote,%20Palladium%20Python(2).jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 2,715
Actually, come to think of it, the metallic leather on the MICHAEL by Michael Kors bags looks and feels exactly like the metallic leather on the collection bags. That is the reason I have not bought the above bag in the gold metallic, because I may as well spend $600 less and get the lower priced one, but I won't because I prefer the collection bags. (if that makes any sense)

I bought the Uptown Astor in gunmetal...ended up taking it back before I even used it. There were a couple of spots where the dye was oversaturated and there was a speckle where the color faded or flaked...don't know which...but it was a bright silver color.

I returned it for the Uptown Astor in walnut suede. :smile: