Men with Birkins: what do u think??

I have absolutely NO problem with it. I actually think it is quite a gender-neutral bag. In fact the design of the Kelly, Birkin and HAC are all adaptions (well, the HAC is the original, I believe) of a bag to carry horses tack around, and this would have been done by MANY men...more men than women, I would hazard a guess.

I think a large Birkin for a guy makes a great briefcase. There's nothing girly about them, except perhaps the little cadena and keys. And perhaps not an exotic! Or Fuschia!

peanutbabycakes said:
i know bryanboy has a gold birkin, but then again....he's not really a "guy" LOL :lol: :lol:

I was just thinking - it suits bryanboy really well !! :yes:

But of course, any man-birkins would be much more appreciated by yours truly. :graucho:

I agree with Grands Fond. The design of the birkin is gender neutral... (well it originated from a men's bag for carrying saddles) and less "girly girly" compared to other IT bags such as Chanel 2.55 etc.

Perhaps like what the rest has said, men should stick to 40cm and above, neutral colors and palladium hardware. I think a barenia birkin would look good on a man... especially if it has an antique patina and slightly scruffy
I think if men carry the birkin with the bag open, it just looks like a less rigid briefcase tote. Just don't embellish the bag with a twilly.. haha

The Kelly i find is more feminine than the birkin, even the larger size ones... hence it's harder for men to carry it off IMO

archangel said:
men should stick to 40cm and above, neutral colors and palladium hardware. I think a barenia birkin would look good on a man... especially if it has an antique patina and slightly scruffy
I think if men carry the birkin with the bag open, it just looks like a less rigid briefcase tote.

couldn't agree more, angie!!:yes:

I'm surprised so many are okay with it! Dh would rather carry his stuff in a paper bag than in a Birkin :smile:
I like more masculine bags on men - either a slim briefcase, or something from the LV Taiga line is much sleeker and more masculine, with minimal HW.

lolo said:
The only time I want to see a man with a birkin in his hand is when he is walking towards me, holding it out with a loving look and a bunch of roses in the other hand. That I could tolerate!

Perfect!

Men carrying Birkins, that's just wrong.....although DH will lug my 40cm, chocolate when we are traveling and I am pooped, but that's different...it's not like it's his birkin.

I'd carry one if it was like a 45 or something in Luggage size...but usually I think the bigger ones are in Haut a Courroies...

here's a pic from a while ago with the Tennis star Roger Federer with a Brikin/ or Hac