Medium lily in Powder, or Dark Beige? Color transfer help!

Breadnbrie

Jun 11, 2016
Hello everyone! I am about to choose my first Mulberry, the Lily medium.

I am deciding between the powder and dark beige. Photos attached below.

This will function as my evening bag, but I am hoping it will transition well to daytime/office use.

I am heavily leaning more towards the powder color because I don't have a light beige bag yet, but I am concerned about color transfer. I have light colored bags already (light grey, taupe, pink) and have never had any issues with color transfer from my clothing, but it is still something I want to consider before making my purchase. I like the dark beige too, but I already have a tan (cognac) bag, and don't know if it's too similar.

Does anyone have experience with these colors in particular, or Lilys in similar light colors?

I am planning to see these bags in person, but I am also wondering, in general, how true to life the colors on the Mulberry website are. Are the website colors lighter/darker/brighter/more muted in comparison to how Mulberry bags look in real life?

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    502.6 KB · Views: 889
  • image.png
    image.png
    282.4 KB · Views: 1,171
  • image.png
    image.png
    580.9 KB · Views: 880
  • image.png
    image.png
    211.2 KB · Views: 951
So I just found out that the nearest mulberry store to me is 3 hours away, so I won't be able to check them out in person :sad:

So I went on mytheresa and it looks like the powder color looks more offwhite than beige:
image.png
However they also have what *looks* like the mushroom color with the silver hardware, which for some reason is not an option on the mulberry website currently: image.png

Is the mushroom from an older collection, maybe?

I saw both the powder and dark beige in store last week and the powder is lighter and with some pink undertones. The dark beige was very lovely, not too dark and not too light. I would say its lighter than the image on website but not much. the mushroom is a color im looking at getting as its and inbetween those colours and it has silver hardware. The mushroom is a previous season color. I know they sell Them at the UK mulberry outlets at the moment.

Reactions: Breadnbrie
Hi there, I have the dark beige medium Lily and for me she is the perfect colour for year-round wear as she's very versatile. I don't think the colour is quite as brown as it appears on the website but that might just be my eyes! Also haven't had any colour transfer issues at all. As for the powder, I too like some posters above think the colour has a pink undertone, which I'm not sure is complimented by the quite yellow hardware they're now using but that's just my opinion! Mushroom is a fab colour too... So I think either dark beige or mushroom would get my vote! GL deciding and please reveal when you get her! [emoji4]

I love light colour bags too, I think the powder is absolutely stunning. It's the only Mulberry that's caught my attention lately. I'd agree with the comment that it has pink undertones and I love pink. If you love light colours I am sure you will find it fabulous. It will make a great addition to your collection if you don't have a light beige bag. I agree the dark beige would be very similar to the tan, I don't repeat colours, you'd end up not using it as much and still lusting after the powder!

I can't comment about colour transfer on this bag but I've only once incurred a problem with this on a Mulberry and that was on a very soft lambskin bag, it also came off immediately with a leather wipe. I've owned several light coloured Mulbs and still have a ballet pink Lily & pebble beige Alexa and never had any problems. I also think the Mulberry finish is more resistant now, I definitely wouldn't be put off by comments about colour transfer, it's a stunning bag.

Last edited:
However they also have what *looks* like the mushroom color with the silver hardware, which for some reason is not an option on the mulberry website currently: View attachment 3464560

Is the mushroom from an older collection, maybe?

I suppose this is the taupe in the current collection. It looks different in different pics. :smile:

And for the subject, I love the new colours on medium Lily! I think both are gorgeous! But if you lean more towards the powder, I'd go for it. It's so pretty! And I love the pink undertone in it. :heart:

Hi there, I have the dark beige medium Lily and for me she is the perfect colour for year-round wear as she's very versatile. I don't think the colour is quite as brown as it appears on the website but that might just be my eyes! Also haven't had any colour transfer issues at all. As for the powder, I too like some posters above think the colour has a pink undertone, which I'm not sure is complimented by the quite yellow hardware they're now using but that's just my opinion! Mushroom is a fab colour too... So I think either dark beige or mushroom would get my vote! GL deciding and please reveal when you get her! [emoji4]
Ooh I would love to see some photos of the dark beige! If you have them :smile:

I saw powder lily irl.
Color has definite pink tones.
But did not feel warm to my eye.

I avoid light bags. But use collonil spray/gel--never had color transfer from or to mulb items.

Hope helps.

I don't mind pink undertones, but was it closer to beige or offwhite?

I saw both the powder and dark beige in store last week and the powder is lighter and with some pink undertones. The dark beige was very lovely, not too dark and not too light. I would say its lighter than the image on website but not much. the mushroom is a color im looking at getting as its and inbetween those colours and it has silver hardware. The mushroom is a previous season color. I know they sell Them at the UK mulberry outlets at the moment.

Mushroom would have been great but I can't seem to find any more in the US :sad:

I love light colour bags too, I think the powder is absolutely stunning. It's the only Mulberry that's caught my attention lately. I'd agree with the comment that it has pink undertones and I love pink. If you love light colours I am sure you will find it fabulous. It will make a great addition to your collection if you don't have a light beige bag. I agree the dark beige would be very similar to the tan, I don't repeat colours, you'd end up not using it as much and still lusting after the powder!

I can't comment about colour transfer on this bag but I've only once incurred a problem with this on a Mulberry and that was on a very soft lambskin bag, it also came off immediately with a leather wipe. I've owned several light coloured Mulbs and still have a ballet pink Lily & pebble beige Alexa and never had any problems. I also think the Mulberry finish is more resistant now, I definitely wouldn't be put off by comments about colour transfer, it's a stunning bag.

Good to know that color transfer doesn't seem to be a concern with the mulberrys! Thanks for the reassurance.

I suppose this is the taupe in the current collection. It looks different in different pics. :smile:

And for the subject, I love the new colours on medium Lily! I think both are gorgeous! But if you lean more towards the powder, I'd go for it. It's so pretty! And I love the pink undertone in it. :heart:

Ooh thank you for this comment. I was about to order the one on mytheresa since I thought it was mushroom, but if it's the taupe on the mulberry site, it will probably be way darker than I wanted.

It is close to photo you posted:
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachments/image-png.3464513/
But with pink tones, not seen above.
Would call it pinky beige.
Great, thanks! I will probably get this one. I just didn't want it to be too light.

Wow!!! Gorgeous! I'm getting so excited to own one of my own! The dark beige is gorgeous, but very similar in color to my tan bag, so I will go with powder.

Reactions: remainsilly