Review Mason Pearson is the BEST brush EVER!!!!

mason pearson brushes are the best for drying hair and brushing/styling dry hair. I prefer to use another on wet hair, but that's just me. I have 2 brushes - one is over 10 years old, the other is over 15 years old and both are good as new! Definitely worth the investment.

I've been using my brush for awhile now and I sooo wish I would have gotten it sooner because it is beyond amazing and certainly worth the investment. I use it on my wet curly hair and it detangles my hair so good and I have never had as minimal shedding as I do now. Not to mention I don't have to worry about needing to toss it in a few weeks because it's certainly a work horse and will last many years. I'm also happy I picked the right model as the Popular is the perfect one for my styling needs.

Reactions: Violet Bleu
I just got mine a week ago and I can already tell you, I love it! I have short hair, but it still makes blowers styling a breeze and my hair looks fantastic. I definitely think it's worth the splurge.

I just bought the pocket size brush and love it. Would love to treat myself to a larger one. I have medium length hair (varies between chin and shoulder usually). Trying to decide between the large popular (BN1) and the junior/medium (BN2). Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

I just bought the pocket size brush and love it. Would love to treat myself to a larger one. I have medium length hair (varies between chin and shoulder usually). Trying to decide between the large popular (BN1) and the junior/medium (BN2). Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

The junior should be large enough for you.

I wanted to add a pic of the junior vs the popular size. I went with the junior my hair is mid back and fairly dense. The difference in size between the two is fairly nominal imo. I chose the smaller junior brush to keep.
73d9886b6b1571ff8f4c7eff92b3058b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PurseForum mobile app

Reactions: efurux
Decided to do a personal thread to set the record straight hehe :smile: All I can say is where has it been all my life???? So, in short, I have very very thick wavy and curly hair. I'm 23 years old but my hair has been falling out a LOT for quite some time. I counted that everytime I take shower, about 100 of them fall out. I normally use a round brush by Paul Mitchell. My mom has been saying to be careful because although they grow back now, they might not later. She told me that my brush is like a brush used to brush a horse's hair causing them to shed haha! So, i decided to research and came across Mason Pearson.

I bought the HANDY all boar bristles and also the POPULAR mix brush because I wasn't sure which one would be better for my hair. I bought them from nm.com. When I tried them, the handy was too small to grab all my hair. I wish nm sells the LARGE EXTRA all boar bristles I saw on masonpearson.com because I find the POPULAR mix grabs ALL of my hair and it's much better. Just yesterday, I decided to blow dry my hair with them...I counted the hair that fell out and only about 20 strands fell out!!! There was barely any hair on the brush and on the floor. It's AMAZING! I mean I understand that we all shed hair but it shouldn't be so much. This morning I brushed my hair and only 10 strands fell out which I think is AMAZING! Aside from that, I was surprised to find that they are great for blow drying as well...Made my hair really smooth.

I'm still, however, looking for the best round brush to give me some curls. I tried Fekkai's boar bristles round brush from nm.com. However, the bristles kept falling out and they're just not good...

If anyone has any recommendation, I would love to hear it. My hair stylist said that NanoThermic is one that he likes a lot but I don't like the fact that it's not boar bristles. I wish Mason Pearson would make a round brush...

If anyone doesn't have Mason Pearson yet and has problems with shedding hair..Go buy them!!! They're so worth it. In fact, right after this, I'm going to also buy the Mason Pearson Rake Comb, Detangling Comb, and Styling Comb :biggrin:

Also, if anyone knows any reputable Mason Pearson vendor, please let me know, I still want to try the LARGE EXTRA all boar bristles but afraid because I read they do make FAKES of Mason Pearson. So be careful!
Try Cinema Secrets website they carry MP and others. I've always wondered if these actually work. Also people loose on average 100 strands a day. Don't be to hard on yourself.

Sent from my LG-K550 using PurseForum mobile app

Would like to get a MP for DIL for Xmas. I think the mixed boar & nylon, but not sure of the size. I’ve read thru this thread and SIZE seems to come down to personal preference, so I’m not sure what size. DIL is 30ish, has long, fairly thick smooth hair. I think the junior or handy size, but I can’t decide. A larger one and a pocket size would be ideal, but can’t do that $$$. Which size would you recommend?

I have short hair, and I still went with the larger size. I’ve had it for several years now, and it was completely worth the purchase. This is a fabulous gift idea! I’d recommend the larger one.

I have a mixed bristle brush. It's a nice brush but I rarely use it. It makes my hair greasy if I brush frequently. Since my hair doesn't really get tangled, any other brush would do. If you don't usually use brushes, and your hair is fine and rarely tangles, it's not worth the extra cost.

Costco is selling Mason Pearson brushes! I bought my first one ever in Junior size. All the brushes they are selling are mixed bristles.
I used it on my fine hair and I love it! My hair is shinier. It does flatten my hair, but I just bend over and flip it, which gives my hair volume. I am going to order the Handy. Might as well grab them while they have them in stock.

Edited to add that my sis has one that she has been using for 15 years - suggested by her hairdresser. I told her about Costco and she immediately ordered another one since she uses hers in the shower. She told me that these brushes are not meant for the shower. She will continue to use her “shower” brush and will use her new one for styling.

Last edited: