Martha Stewart's shoes

Chocolate brown suede, stacked heel , fringe on toe box. She threw her leg up onto the counter and asked the audience if they liked her new Hermes shoes that she had sent to her.

Not that I disagree, but it makes me wonder: would it be tacky if she called on people to look at her shoes from Pay-less? Or a pair of Donald Pliner's? Or her sexy shoes? Or a pair of Manolos? Or a pair of old shoes just back from the shoe repair?

It seems to me that most of those would be considered Ok. Perhaps pointing out one's Manolos is considered questionable, but I'm betting it's not nearly as questionable as pointing out one's Hermes shoes. I mean, almost everyone loves Manolos and is interested in seeing the new styles, right? It's just kind of funny how talking about one's Hermes items seems somewhat shameful.

I did not watch the show, but she was probably overcome with excitement (as I would have been) and could not wait to share her excitement with her 'big' family (as you are mine).

As I said, I am not a frequent watcher of her show. When the show started, she came from backstage, put her leg up on the counter to show the audience, put it back down and proceeded on with the show. It seemed kind of random in the context of the show. The shoes were gorgoeus, by the way.