marine/anthracite owners please help!

Dec 14, 2006
hi girls!! i need help with this! i saw a girl carrying the most gorgeous shade of blue city about 2 months back and i can't seem to get the picture of her bag out of my mind even though i got a red city last month! i have to get that gorgeous blue bag!! the problem is, i'm not too sure what is the shade of the bag she's carrying :confused1:

it looks like a really dark and rich shade of blue so i'm guessing it's either marine or anthracite but i'm not too sure which one! i'm inclined to marine but i can't seem to find many marine pictures here and most of them look black half of the time!

does marine/anthracite look too close to black? or do they actually look blue in real life? i've not seen them in real life before so i'm really curious to find out! :yes:

OR could the gorgeous blue be blueberry??!!!! :crybaby:it looks like a really rich navy, something like my dark washed jeans..please help me and show pictures of your marine/anthracite/blueberry bags!!

THANK YOU SO MUCHHHH!!!! :sweatdrop::Push::shame:

Hello! Hope this helps... I don't have Anthracite, but I do have Blueberry & Marine to compare...

First pic is with flash, second pic without flash, third pic I grabbed a black cardigan from the closet to show the difference between them & black... You can tell a difference between Marine & black... even moreso in the sunlight~!

The true colors are somewhere between the pic with flash & the one without... the Blueberry really is a color close to what I would envision a blueberry being... and Marine is a deep navy blue - darker indoors, but definately blue in the sun.

Good luck! :tup: (Please excuse the pile of clothing & Luna napping in the background, we're having a lazy day. However, I'm not busy, bored actually - so let me know if you would like additional comparision pics! :P)

Attachments

• cropped1.jpg
    cropped1.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 171
  • cropped2.jpg
    cropped2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 119
  • cropped3.jpg
    cropped3.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 134
Here's my Marine Giant Hobo, it's a fabulous gemmy color like a sapphire when in the sunlight.

07_marine_giant_hobo.jpg

Hello! Hope this helps... I don't have Anthracite, but I do have Blueberry & Marine to compare...

First pic is with flash, second pic without flash, third pic I grabbed a black cardigan from the closet to show the difference between them & black... You can tell a difference between Marine & black... even moreso in the sunlight~!

Which one is the blueberry? Thanks!

Your bags are gorgeous, as is the giant hobo! Wowza! :tup:

Here's a couple Ink bags for color reference, some of these bags were really purple especially in the sunlight:

06_ink_shrug.jpg

06_ink_city_front_mirror.jpg

Too bad I don't have an Ink bag to compare with the Marine right now. Sometimes I think my Marine looks a lot like the Ink but it's via memory not next to one another.

Too bad I don't have an Ink bag to compare with the Marine right now. Sometimes I think my Marine looks a lot like the Ink but it's via memory not next to one another.

I agree. I know they don't always turn out with the same tones, but the Ink I used to own had alot of purple undertone in it - whereas, Marine is definately a pure navy blue.

In this pic, the bag all the way to the right is an Ink First. (Its has a new owner now.) It is laying on top of a Marine City. You can kind of tell that the colors are similiar - yet subtly different... sorry the pic isn't that good!!

My anthra is definitely more blue than grey, so I would say it depends on the particular bag, but I wouldn't rule out anthra as the mystery blue completely (there's just so many variations in the color, it's hard to say for sure). I actually think of mine as midnight blue with greyish undertones rather than grey with blue undertones. Here are a couple of pics, first 2 in natural, indirect light and last one w/flash.

Attachments

• antha new 1.JPG
    antha new 1.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 109
  • anthra new 2.JPG
    anthra new 2.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 88
  • anthra new 3.JPG
    anthra new 3.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 112
I saw Anthracite for the first time IRL today... and it was GORGEOUS!! :drool:

Lovely bags ladies!! It really goes change colors depending on the light!! Anthra looked teal, gray, black... it was ever-changing! :tup: