Marc Jacobs Authentication Issue

madzia

O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
Hi All!

This is my first post on this forum and unfortunately it isn't due to happy circumstances. Here is the issue: I purchased a Marc Jacobs black venetia off ebay for just about $400 dollars, the bag turned out to be fake, i filed a claim with paypal and the seller disputed it by saying it is authentic which it is CLEARLY not. Now paypal wants me to do this: "Please obtain a document from an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer, appraiser, or another individual or organization that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as not authentic. If possible, the document should include a serial number and description of the item, and must be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the individual, business, or organization so that PayPal may contact them if necessary."

My question is, if I send someone pictures of the handbag I received can someone provide this type of letter for me???

The nearest marc jacobs store is about 2 hours away from my house and there doesn't seem to be a dealer/department store that is willing to do this for me. Please contact me as soon as you can so that I can send or post the pictures.

Thanks for the help!

I did e-mail her but have yet to receive a reply. The letter is due by the 7th, so if someone could contact me today or tomorrow that would be PERFECT and i'm willing to negotiate a price for your time.

Thanks!