Manage Attachments refusing to post photos

Yeah - I went through to the attachments area and started deleting. I basically had to delete a ton of pictures - even ones I didn't want to - in order to open up any space. It wouldn't let me delete all the images posted, which is why I got stuck deleting ones I'd have rather kept. I deleted all that it made available for me to delete, and it still only opened up a fraction of space.

And now I'm running into your issue of it not letting me post the same picture in two different threads. Grrrrrrr.

Pictures are one of the best benefits of tpf!! Really rather aggravating to have these limits and restrictions kind of 'pop up' out of the blue.

Same thing happened to me, I had to delete so many pics, yet it won't let me delete 2,000 to free up space.

The "already attached this file" error should no longer show.

We are in transition to another server farm in the next few weeks, so we needed to place a temporary limit on the uploads (which should realistically only affect a small subset of users).

Thanks, Vlad - fingers crossed! :cool:

I'm having the same problem as well. It started one day last week. I deleted what pictures it would let me delete, then I was able to post for a couple of days and now I'm getting the exceeding attachment limit error message.

I've been posting on here since 2013 so I've posted a lot of pictures during that time. If it would let me delete a lot of the older ones it would help, but I am not able to do that.

Hopefully this problem will be corrected once the servers are all moved. Do we know a time frame for that?

I'm having the same problem as well. It started one day last week. I deleted what pictures it would let me delete, then I was able to post for a couple of days and now I'm getting the exceeding attachment limit error message.

I've been posting on here since 2013 so I've posted a lot of pictures during that time. If it would let me delete a lot of the older ones it would help, but I am not able to do that.

Hopefully this problem will be corrected once the servers are all moved. Do we know a time frame for that?
I have tons of space left. I keep getting the message "failed to upload" or something to that effect.

Hello,

I have been trying to upload pictures to a post that I would like to make, the first message told me something about a security key, then failed to upload. I checked the size of the pics, they are under the max. limit for each photo. Can someone tell me what I need to do to upload pictures?

Thank you

Do we have any update on this? I'm still not able to post photos as keeps saying I've exceeded my upload limit. If this is the permanent case then I guess I should delete my account as I can no longer contribute.

Do we have any update on this? I'm still not able to post photos as keeps saying I've exceeded my upload limit. If this is the permanent case then I guess I should delete my account as I can no longer contribute.

Hi, are you near a MB limit when checking in your Control Panel -> Miscellaneous / Attachments?

I have uploaded almost 5000 pics so I'm not sure if there's a limit :wondering

I am also having trouble uploading photos, I have kept trying over the past several weeks but the images keep failing to load and I don't know why. No matter what computer is used, whether, it's my Ipad, Iphone or laptop, all seem to fail in uploading images and it's very frustrating because I want to share my love new bags with other excited PF colleagues...also, I have a lot of space on my profile to load images, however the PF will not let me load them. Any suggestions???

Sorry everyone for the issues you're having - sending Vlad this way, but thinking we will have this resolved in the next month or so with the new platform up and running!

I'm trying to attach photos from my iPad. It won't let me upload anything. I agree, it's very frustrating when you want to share your new purchases.

Last edited:
I am unable to attach more than one photo per post right now. This is on my iPad using the desktop version. I just started having this issue about a week or so ago - it never did this for me before. Is this due to the new platform or because the old platform is overloaded or something? Will it be fixed when all the other new changes take effect?

Our new platform is going to be live in a matter of weeks and it won't be an issue then! It's so frustrating and I'm sorry it keeps happening. New forum software is much better and will fix this!