Making a Murderer

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
Any of you watching/finished this Netflix series?! Vlad and I binge watched it and I was so intensely sucked into it and want to discuss!

I'm on the third episode. I haven't formed an opinion yet on whether or not he's guilty. I do think that the show is skewed to make you think he's innocent. It makes for better television if there's a scandal.

Binged the whole series this weekend. The incompetence in the justice system was painful to watch especially the handling of 16 year-old Brendan. The videos of them being interrogated without counsel was shameful.

The judge kept referring to Steven's criminal past but he had 2 petty misdemeanors when he was young on his record and the animal abuse charge. It seemed as if the judge had no ability to remain impartial and kept making suggestive comments. From his past, there was nothing that seemed to indicate Steven was a rapist/murderer but who really knows.

I wish they explored more about that tampered vile of blood, why the police needed so much time to search their property, Brenden's coerced confessions, the police who blatantly ignored tips, the lack of Teresa's DNA on her own key and why no one else was investigated.

I am curious as to how the other family feels watching this series, if it raises doubt for them or if they feel parts of the story was missing.

Sadly, many people live what Steven has/had to deal with in our justice system and unfortunately oftentimes low socioeconomic class makes it easy for many folks to believe one is guilty immediately rather than wait for all the evidence to present itself.

What blows my mind was the incompetence and ineffective counsel of Brendans's first attorney! The judge finally decides to dismiss him but STILL allows evidence in garnered from his poor decisions. How that is not grounds for a new trial I would love to know. Every time they questioned that kid my heart broke - especially when he referred to himself as stupid.

I read online that Theresa's family declined to be involved in the documentary that is why they're not really seen other than during the public appearances with the brother. It wasn't intentional.

I read online that Theresa's family declined to be involved in the documentary that is why they're not really seen other than during the public appearances with the brother. It wasn't intentional.

I don't blame them. If my loved one was murdered I wouldn't want to keep rehashing it.

I started watching this last night! I've only watched the first episode so far but i'm hooked. If he really is innocent, he has to be the unluckiest man on earth, wrongly accused twice? But just from the first episode, it does seem like the sherrifs office had some sort of vendetta against him(or his family).

I live about an hour and a half from where all this happened. It was huge news for a long time. I thought the show was fascinating and showed some police shortcuts that are awful. But it didn't convince me of Steven or Brendan's innocence of the murder ... A lot of the "other side" seems to be missing. But still a fascinating watch ...

I quit before the end of Episode 4.

Plain and simple, Steven had it right all the way when he said there would be no justice because they were poor. This is what happens when you don't have money for counsel. Public Defenders walk into the room working for plea bargains. It's all about getting a conviction. Doesn't matter if you did it or not. This is why "You have the right to remain silent..." is so important because "anything you say or do can and will be used AGAINST you..."

IDK if he killed Theresa or not, but did anyone else catch one of the first statements from the brother, Mike? He spoke to the media as if Theresa was dead and they were looking for a body. He didn't see Brendan's "confession", but said it was enough for his family to know the killer had been apprehended.

Brendan's interrogation was the nail in the coffin for me. It made me so furious, I wanted to smash the TV. And to hear this child tell his mother he wanted to be home to watch WrestleMania almost brought me to tears. How could anyone think he was even involved is beyond me! Just a damned shame. His "counsel" should burn in hell.