Make Up Storage !

Kat said:
Here's a pic of what I have. I had no problem filling this baby up either!:cry: :P

P76632_hero.jpg

I have the same one!! I love it....

I have a Stila train case, two Bobbi Brown cases, multiple refillable palettes, etc...but my favorite thing to use is glass apothecary jars filled with lipgloss, glass wine coasters filled with lipstick, etc. That way I can have everything where I can see it without having makeup overrunning my counter.

Attachments

• BathroomCounter.jpg
    BathroomCounter.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 948
I dont have all that much make up, but I use this cute little case from Bath & Body Works. Any make up I'm most likely to never use I just throw in random drawers in my bathroom, vanity, & room.

bag0252.jpg

bag0272.jpg

texaschic231 said:
kay:
do you have the shu emora/ sephora make-up case?

also, did your brushes come in a set like that? If so, the name?

i bought my train case at a hair & makeup trade show for only $40 CDN! they are a no name brand but their ideas and designs come from Japonesque (www.japonesque.com).

also, all my brushes were purchased individually. i am not for sets, as i've never found good quality brushes in sets (i am extremely picky). also, all my brushes come from a japanese manufacturer (they are all made in japan).

the brush roll is an old skool MAC one, circa 1994, which is now discontinued. i have no idea what brands carry brush rolls, but again, Japonesque carries a few.

I use 2 of those large 3 drawer plastic rolling sets(they sell them at target. I have one in the pink tones and one in the primary colors), 1 medium 2 drawer clear and white Sterilite set, and one mini 3 drawer drawer set(matches the large 3 drawer one in the primary colors). I also have a silver traincase from Sephora. I store my brushes in 3 Stila paint cans, one Sephora cylindrical brush holder, and one MAC roll up brush holder. I'm a long time MUAer, too, so I've had a prob with m/u addiction(being replaced by handbag addiction, though!)

ETenebris said:
I have a Stila train case, two Bobbi Brown cases, multiple refillable palettes, etc...but my favorite thing to use is glass apothecary jars filled with lipgloss, glass wine coasters filled with lipstick, etc. That way I can have everything where I can see it without having makeup overrunning my counter.

The jars idea is really cute! ;)

What do you all use to store your makeup?

Before I started using Bare Minerals I just had everything in a small basket (blush, face powder, eyeliner). Now that I've got all these powders (foundation, blushes, finishing powder, eye shadows/liners), brushes, and lip glosses I need something bigger and I'd like portable so I can take it out and then put it all away when I'm done. I want to keep everything together except the hair stuff.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
pam

At home it's in the drawer - easily accessible? When we travel I put it in a case I bought at Sephora. I looked at several cases(BB, MAC, etc.), but this one is a hard case and the there are several trays:yes: . The trays all extend out and up so you can put foundation, powders, lipsticks, etc., each in its own place. You could use this at home too if you wanted.

I have a nice little makeup case that's along the lines of a train case. I got it at one of the chain drugstores, Walgreen maybe. It looks like brushed stainless steel. When you open it at the top, it has several shelves for various things and an open area on the bottom. It sits on my vanity in my bedroom. I like it because it's convenient and when I'm done, I put my things away close it up and the vanity looks neat instead of cluttered with makeup stuff.

I have a nice little makeup case that's along the lines of a train case. I got it at one of the chain drugstores, Walgreen maybe. It looks like brushed stainless steel. When you open it at the top, it has several shelves for various things and an open area on the bottom. It sits on my vanity in my bedroom. I like it because it's convenient and when I'm done, I put my things away close it up and the vanity looks neat instead of cluttered with makeup stuff.

That sounds just like the one I bought recently-I got mine at Eckerd's for $20. It is small enough to sit on the floor of my bathroom-but, it holds a lot.