Maintenance

Thanks K! I think maybe the 28 would suit me better then? I'm only short so that would prolly proportion out nicely on me:smile: But I won't try to order it yet or anything until I've had a chance to try on your 32 or a 28 (if they have one in store). 57kgs is fine for your height! I've seen your pics in the Members' Items thread and you look great!!!

Oh yeah - I'm certainly not concerned about my weight....DH is though as there are HEAPS of things hanging in my wardrobe that won't fit me at this weight, and he's worried I may just go on a BIG SHOPPING SPREE to buy new stuff!!! LOL!!!!!

Oh yeah - I'm certainly not concerned about my weight....DH is though as there are HEAPS of things hanging in my wardrobe that won't fit me at this weight, and he's worried I may just go on a BIG SHOPPING SPREE to buy new stuff!!! LOL!!!!!

hahahaha! I get what you mean! I'm usually a bit larger in the colder months but then tend to lose it again in the warm months. I guess coz I don't feel like such a pig when it's hot and I also end up doing more physical stuff as the weather is more permitting. So, I actually have a whole bunch of "winter" pants as opposed to "summer" pants, Winter pants being a size larger.:graucho: But DH isn't that cluey about my weight fluctuations (summer vs winter:rolleyes:) and has questioned why I have so many pairs of pants, some of them the exact same ones but in diff sizes!:lol:

man, I PORK out when I'm pregnant - put on 22kgs both times.....and I have a BAD habit of buying $$ clothing, so DH FREAKS when he thinks it may all have to go on eBAy!! LOL!! You shuld have seen him when he heard your feet can go up a shoe size permantely after having babies!! He looked at my substantial shoe collection and said could I PLEASE fit back into them, so I didn't have to replace them all? LOL!!! Luckily I stayed the same shoe size!!

Thanks K! I think maybe the 28 would suit me better then? I'm only short so that would prolly proportion out nicely on me:smile: But I won't try to order it yet or anything until I've had a chance to try on your 32 or a 28 (if they have one in store). 57kgs is fine for your height! I've seen your pics in the Members' Items thread and you look great!!!

Don't know if this is going to help your dilemma any, or just have you fidgeting until Derby Day, but I tried on a 28 sellier today. Lovely! :heart: :heart:

OK, I always thought it would look titchy on me (I'm 5'6") but it looks great. A little dressy, not a day bag, but an outing bag (I wouldn't use it for evening either).

It really depends on the look you're after. The 28 will look elegant, the 32 (haven't tried one on for size yet) prolly a little more casual.

^^hehe.. thanks for your input WN! I'm hoping when I visit in mid Oct the store will have a 28 or 32 sellier for me to try on before K comes down in November:smile: I don't know quite what look I'm after.. I don't want something too casual as I can use my potiron Birkin for that and not too formal either coz I'm ordering a Kelly Elan. So, either size would be alright but yeah, trying them out first is always the best way to go.

Btw, what colour did you try out? And where??:nuts::P

I tried on a gold togo w/ white contrast stitching and PH. It was the white stitching that made me do it. I'm crazy for contrast stitching at the moment. That combo is what i'm aiming for (either that or epsom) in my next birkin.

It was in the Singapore store, the one at Takashimaya. I'd just gone to get some mags and antihistamines for the flu, and who can resist a walk by the H store, esp as Grands Fonds had told me about the panamas....

I'll cross my fingers that you get to try both sizes side by side. That way you can really tell. It's just like i always thought the 35 Birkin would be too big for me until I tried it IRL and I was hooked.

hi guys. have 2 vintage box bags (Sandrine and 1962 rouge box Kelly) with a third on the way. l like the patina of box as it ages - but this has worked against me as my hubby saw a kelly in Togo the other day and refused to get it for me because it looked "too new". however, i'm always torn between sending my bags in for a refurb and liking them the way they are. the new one i am waiting for has been repolished by Hermes so maybe when that one arrives i'll see what the difference in handle is. hope this makes sense!

Hello Ladies...quick question here..

Do you guys have one specific bag that you carry everyday??? Or do you put your Hermes away at...let's say...nights, to sleep on her pillow?:wtf:

I have a 32cc HAC Fjord Marron Fonce and I am in LOVE with her! But am I supposed to let her rest? My DH said maybe I should give her a break so she keeps looking perfectly new! He's really cute about things like that...:love:

So...is it wrong with this type of leather (fjord) which seems VERY durable...to keep her out all the time...have any of you had this leather and have it start to look really bad?? I mean I WOULD never set her down in an icky spot or walk through the rain, but what if I had to leave her in my truck...and it was hot out...will the Florida heat pose a problem to her shape & leather...or am I supposed to carry her EVERYDAY...that's what I want to do!!!!!!:hysteric:

Anyway, any advice is welcome...I take VERY good care of any belongings, but should I let her "rest on her pillow" at night and take all my stuff out??

Sshhheeessshhh....I sound like a crazy person!! Anyway, suggestions! Oh, and I am not planning on selling her...EVER!:upsidedown:

Kristy

just my 2 cents, but these bags are meant to be used. that is the luxury of them, imo, to have something this beautiful with you all the time. yes, a mini kelly in box or croc, sellier, that is for formal occasions and their pristine appearance is key to them being useful at such an event. a fjord HAC is a workhorse (of unparalleled beauty). i have a clemence shoulder bag and i've managed to balance it so that i use it all the time and it looks great. fjord is more durable then clemence even. how long have you had your HAC?
and what size is that bashful kelly i see peaking out from your avatar?

I think if you use your Birkin every single day, it would be difficult to retire the bag for the night. That few hours may not be enough for its beauty sleep. :P

I believe that these darling bags need to rest from time to time on their lovely pillow, to retain its shape. The pull of gravity is bad, for our skin, let alone the bags (sorry to make a joke of this LOL)

The new leather care leaflet that comes with the Birkins only suggests what you should do, if you are NOT using the bag, and that is as quoted:-

"The best way to care for your leather accessories and articles is to wipe them with a soft, fluff-free cotton cloth, and store them flat - in their felt bag if possible - away from light and heat when they are not being used and regularly entrust them to the care of our artisans for deep cleaning and repair"

just my 2 cents, but these bags are meant to be used. that is the luxury of them, imo, to have something this beautiful with you all the time. yes, a mini kelly in box or croc, sellier, that is for formal occasions and their pristine appearance is key to them being useful at such an event. a fjord HAC is a workhorse (of unparalleled beauty). i have a clemence shoulder bag and i've managed to balance it so that i use it all the time and it looks great. fjord is more durable then clemence even. how long have you had your HAC?

I love your point of view...I am going to get her out RIGHT NOW!! and my perfect 28cc Kelly Noisette in Gulliver w/ GH comes out when I don't need a bunch of things with me...:love: She is perfect for a fabulous pair of jeans, stilettos and a white tank top...all for shopping at Bal Harbor!!:flowers: Kristy

Forgot...I got my HAC about three weeks ago!!!:love: