Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Hi everyone I really would appreciate some advice as I have never experienced this before. I have been with my SA for over a year and received a Birkin 25 in November for my birthday. I bought items every single month, but only visited the store three times as I live in a state that does not have Hermes. I have not visited since November, but have bought items every month except April and May. Now that is not without trying! My SA will answer me once then just stop replying. I have been trying to buy three pairs of shoes, a belt, and accessories for over a month. Its no longer fun trying to buy anything, because it is so much work. I am wondering if I should keep trying or switch my store to Texas. Our NM contact is best friends with someone who works there and my family has offices in Austin and Dallas so I have connections to Texas. I just want shopping to be fun lol! What would ya'll do?
The rules for remote shopping changed at the end of March. It is now more difficult for stores to source items that aren’t directly in their own store inventory. Charge sends from non-home stores are being transacted as transfers and then phone orders and as we know, not all stores play nicely with transfers so remote shopping in general is continuing to be discouraged. I say this to both enlighten you that it’s probably not personal but also that if you have a store that you can easily shop in person, it will likely be far more successful for you than continuing as a remote client. Also, I’ve heard great things of Texas stores.

I think she isn’t prioritizing remote clients. Probably should cut your loses now. But will you be able to go to the Texas store as well?
I agree with you. Hermes makes it so hard for us shoppers who don’t have a boutique nearby. I will be able to go to Texas often and check in on our offices while I’m there! The flight is just longer!

The rules for remote shopping changed at the end of March. It is now more difficult for stores to source items that aren’t directly in their own store inventory. Charge sends from non-home stores are being transacted as transfers and then phone orders and as we know, not all stores play nicely with transfers so remote shopping in general is continuing to be discouraged. I say this to both enlighten you that it’s probably not personal but also that if you have a store that you can easily shop in person, it will likely be far more successful for you than continuing as a remote client. Also, I’ve heard great things of Texas stores.
Thank you for letting me know!

Hi everyone I really would appreciate some advice as I have never experienced this before. I have been with my SA for over a year and received a Birkin 25 in November for my birthday. I bought items every single month, but only visited the store three times as I live in a state that does not have Hermes. I have not visited since November, but have bought items every month except April and May. Now that is not without trying! My SA will answer me once then just stop replying. I have been trying to buy three pairs of shoes, a belt, and accessories for over a month. Its no longer fun trying to buy anything, because it is so much work. I am wondering if I should keep trying or switch my store to Texas. Our NM contact is best friends with someone who works there and my family has offices in Austin and Dallas so I have connections to Texas. I just want shopping to be fun lol! What would ya'll do?
You've already gotten good advice, I just wanted to chime in about the Austin store. Tiny but very friendly staff. They are happy to order stuff for you if it's not in the boutique. I hope you get joy out of shopping very soon :smile:

I agree with you. Hermes makes it so hard for us shoppers who don’t have a boutique nearby. I will be able to go to Texas often and check in on our offices while I’m there! The flight is just longer!

I know what follows is playing with semantics. And it is meant to be 'playing' i.e. looking at something in a not too serious way.
It is seeing the situation from the 'glass half full' or 'glass half empty' perspective.
Is it that Hermes has not needed to consider shoppers who are not near to a boutique (it has enough potential clients as it is)?
Although it has had to conform to the 21st century obligation for an online presence, rather than deliberately making it hard, it has just not made it easy in other ways.

this might be a silly question, but do you think hermes cares about milestone birthdays?

i'm turning 30 later this month and my prespend ratio is about 2:1 for a B25 after beginning my journey in February. i already dropped by the boutique this week and my SA didn't mention my birthday or a QB. last month, she told me a b30 may be doable but a b25 would "take some time" for me.

given the vagueness of the conversation, is it worthwhile to book a shopping appointment with her on the day of my actual birthday? on one hand, i would like to treat myself to something nice at hermes for my birthday, but on the other hand, i'm not sure if my SA would feel awkward if i come in on my birthday, ask about a QB, and she has to refuse me lol.

this might be a silly question, but do you think hermes cares about milestone birthdays?

i'm turning 30 later this month and my prespend ratio is about 2:1 for a B25 after beginning my journey in February. i already dropped by the boutique this week and my SA didn't mention my birthday or a QB. last month, she told me a b30 may be doable but a b25 would "take some time" for me.

given the vagueness of the conversation, is it worthwhile to book a shopping appointment with her on the day of my actual birthday? on one hand, i would like to treat myself to something nice at hermes for my birthday, but on the other hand, i'm not sure if my SA would feel awkward if i come in on my birthday, ask about a QB, and she has to refuse me lol.
People try this card all the time and it rarely works. I feel like some SAs have a hard time controlling their eye rolls when people bring up these "special events". Everyone has a birthday every year, if it were that easy, no one would be complaining about waiting years for a QB offer. Regardlesss, it sounds like your SA was pretty upfront with you about the fact that you're account isn't competitive enough for a B25 and it might be annoying for your SA to feel like you didn't hear her when she just told you that. I would just keep shopping as things arrive that you would love to buy and it will happen in due time.

I agree with crow; people often pull the birthday card and your sa has already explained that your profile is not competitive for a 25. I think some Sa’s do try for birthdays and will remember but a 30th birthday while special to you is not as significant as a 40th or 50th etc. You will likely only be disappointed if you make a birthday appointment. The bag may not be available by your special day. If you want to go to treat yourself go for it but without the anticipation of a bag.

My SA got me my first QB for a milestone birthday this month as well. But I think you should just trust that your SA was being realistic/honest when she said that a B25 would take more time. Showing up to the store on your actual birthday won’t change the fact that she probably won’t be able to get a bag approved for you. I think some SAs do like to give clients QBs for birthdays and other special occasions, but you have to become “eligible” for the bag first

i would like to treat myself to something nice at hermes for my birthday
Well, if the "something nice" is a diamond watch or a piece of furniture then you might have a chance :happydance:

i'm not sure if my SA would feel awkward if i come in on my birthday, ask about a QB, and she has to refuse me lol
I don't think she'd feel awkward at all. SAs are turning people down all day, every day. I would be more concerned about you being sad and disappointed on a day when you should feel like the queen of the world :flowers:

Feel free to go in and treat yourself to something. Don’t expect a B25 to happen because it most likely won’t. The SA will be indifferent to it and will likely be happy finding you something other than a bag, that you will enjoy.

I would not push it too much. Every client has a special event and they get asked about birthdays, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, promotions gifts, push presents etc all the time. Definitely go and buy something special if it will make you happy but I would not be expecting a QB on that day or you may just wind up disappointed which is a bad way to spend a birthday.

Go in and treat yourself to a special bday gift! Don’t expect anything from your SA. She’s been pretty straightforward by telling you “will take some time”. I’ve learned that expect nothing and just go with the flow. Best way to deal with these H experiences! And, happy birthday! Welcome to your 30’s! They’re pretty awesome 🤩