Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Looking for advice /etiquette when it comes to reminding your SA about QBs for introverts. In general, I would avoid asking for anything at any cost lol :smile:

My home store is in Canada, I'm ~1:1, 1+ year with my SA, and am looking for a K28 in a neutral colour (first QB). I visit H store monthly and feel too uncomfortable enquiring about my QB status every time.

I have not gotten particular timelines from my SA yet, but through the conversations, there seems to be an acknowledgment of "getting me a bag". Being an introvert, I do not really chat for hours with my SA, we typically briefly chat about travel/weather/how busy the store is and then go straight to the point. I pay, and my SA walks me to the entrance...and then I find myself walking away with my purchase questioning myself why I did not ask about the wishlist item lol.

Any advice /coaching tips?
Totally understand why this would be so uncomfortable for you. Can uou inquire about the QB via text? Maybe it’s easier than in person.

Asking for what you want is hard for a lot of people, introvert or not! Remember that you are the customer. You are the one with spending power. It’s a good life lesson- ask for what you want. No one is a mind reader :smile:

Good luck!

Totally understand why this would be so uncomfortable for you. Can uou inquire about the QB via text? Maybe it’s easier than in person.

Asking for what you want is hard for a lot of people, introvert or not! Remember that you are the customer. You are the one with spending power. It’s a good life lesson- ask for what you want. No one is a mind reader :smile:

Good luck!

I agree with @hbr. Some people here mentioned that it's not ideal to discuss the QBs (or any bags) via text messages, and I do understand the potential concerns there. But, my SA does ask me frequently about the bags I want via text messages. My SA has asked me last and this weeks about the Birkin bag specs I want. (For example, I said no to any of blue colors, and etoupe since I have a Kelly bag in this color already.) About 2 months ago, my SA also texted me that I got an offer for special order and I did it in the next visit. I think it will have to flow naturally though; My SA and I are both texters so we get along very well... :smile:

I would avoid asking for anything at any cost lol :smile:

and got a suck-it-up, Buttercup-type response...
Another introvert here! Also a bit of a people pleaser and non-assertive type with fear of rejection. I turn red when ppl say no. Actually shopping at H helped me to overcome those somewhat.
  • Just suck it and ask. The worst they say is 'no' and I learn not to take that personally. I think of those as mini 'exercises' in self-improvements. After a few exercises, I get used to it and have another tool in my box to deal with unpleasant situations.
  • Buy something then chat about what I like next or what I am curious about. I prepare one or two questions to talk about. It can be leather types, next season items, good ole days, anything H related that I am curious about.
  • My principal SA who dishes the bags is not big on small talks and a bit scary :lol:. So I don’t try. The max is just to chat about upcoming holiday (very common here in Europe to talk about holiday before we finish a catch-up, don’t know why:lol:). But I trust her and she’s really professional. After a while, she too opens up.
  • My scarf SA is a big chatter. She would show me her holiday pics, etc. I let her and nod appropriately. She’s fun!
  • Drop by as often as you can. The store, SA would be familiar to you and once familiar, you would feel more comfortable in asking.
  • Lastly, I psych myself to say that these people have seen EVERYTHING. Nothing that I am or I do would be weird to them. I should just ask.
Overly dramatic for shopping but I apply the same things to people at work, network etc. I am very bad at it while my husband is a natural. We all have our skills and with a bit of effort, we can too! HTH.

ETA: we introverts tend to be observers as well. So do observe the SA and try to follow his/her lead - in a non creepy way, of course :biggrin: They are human. They too need to feel comfortable wih us.

Last edited:
Looking for advice /etiquette when it comes to reminding your SA about QBs for introverts. In general, I would avoid asking for anything at any cost lol :smile:

My home store is in Canada, I'm ~1:1, 1+ year with my SA, and am looking for a K28 in a neutral colour (first QB). I visit H store monthly and feel too uncomfortable enquiring about my QB status every time.

I have not gotten particular timelines from my SA yet, but through the conversations, there seems to be an acknowledgment of "getting me a bag". Being an introvert, I do not really chat for hours with my SA, we typically briefly chat about travel/weather/how busy the store is and then go straight to the point. I pay, and my SA walks me to the entrance...and then I find myself walking away with my purchase questioning myself why I did not ask about the wishlist item lol.

As SA walks you to the exit, ask ‘any chance l will get my Kelly soon?’ If he says not yet, follow up with ‘The wait is going to be longer huh? Any idea how long?’
No prolonged awkwardness (if there are any at all) since you are leaving anyway.
The idea here is just to pop that thought into SA’s head to remind him/her that you are waiting in anticipation

Good luck!
I agree with @hbr. Some people here mentioned that it's not ideal to discuss the QBs (or any bags) via text messages, and I do understand the potential concerns there. But, my SA does ask me frequently about the bags I want via text messages. My SA has asked me last and this weeks about the Birkin bag specs I want. (For example, I said no to any of blue colors, and etoupe since I have a Kelly bag in this color already.) About 2 months ago, my SA also texted me that I got an offer for special order and I did it in the next visit. I think it will have to flow naturally though; My SA and I are both texters so we get along very well... :smile:
Thanks for sharing ideas. I found that my SA is not super elaborate via email (in my local H store the preference communication mode via email), I typically only email her for an appointment, so I need to push my boundaries and ask verbally :smile:

Another introvert here! Also a bit of a people pleaser and non-assertive type with fear of rejection. I turn red when ppl say no. Actually shopping at H helped me to overcome those somewhat.
  • Just suck it and ask. The worst they say is 'no' and I learn not to take that personally. I think of those as mini 'exercises' in self-improvements. After a few exercises, I get used to it and have another tool in my box to deal with unpleasant situations.
  • Buy something then chat about what I like next or what I am curious about. I prepare one or two questions to talk about. It can be leather types, next season items, good ole days, anything H related that I am curious about.
  • My principal SA who dishes the bags is not big on small talks and a bit scary :lol:. So I don’t try. The max is just to chat about upcoming holiday (very common here in Europe to talk about holiday before we finish a catch-up, don’t know why:lol:). But I trust her and she’s really professional. After a while, she too opens up.
  • My scarf SA is a big chatter. She would show me her holiday pics, etc. I let her and nod appropriately. She’s fun!
  • Drop by as often as you can. The store, SA would be familiar to you and once familiar, you would feel more comfortable in asking.
  • Lastly, I psych myself to say that these people have seen EVERYTHING. Nothing that I am or I do would be weird to them. I should just ask.
Overly dramatic for shopping but I apply the same things to people at work, network etc. I am very bad at it while my husband is a natural. We all have our skills and with a bit of effort, we can too! HTH.

ETA: we introverts tend to be observers as well. So do observe the SA and try to follow his/her lead - in a non creepy way, of course :biggrin: They are human. They too need to feel comfortable wih us.
I like your advice! My SA is not a big chatter either, I feel she expects me to go straight to the point with what I am looking for when I am in the store. So I do not chat much :smile: I can share how I liked the items I bought in the past, leather type/colour I saw in store but that's pretty much it. I like the idea of "preparing" questions though!

As SA walks you to the exit, ask ‘any chance l will get my Kelly soon?’ If he says not yet, follow up with ‘The wait is going to be longer huh? Any idea how long?’
No prolonged awkwardness (if there are any at all) since you are leaving anyway.
The idea here is just to pop that thought into SA’s head to remind him/her that you are waiting in anticipation
Yeah, exactly! I just want to pop that thought /reminder into my SA's head. Like probably some (or many) introverts, I have a fear of being forgotten but on the other hand, do not want to come as pushy /too annoying.

You could bring up the topic of bags like oh have you sold any interesting bags lately? Or what’s your favorite color for this bag, I can’t decide and the segue into do you think I’ll get a bag this quarter etc etc

As a fellow Canada shopper, my advice is bring it up when you make your next larger purchase. The spend to bag ratio in Canada is pretty high 2:1+ so you may to wait a bit longer/spend more. There are undoubtedly some people that get them faster.

Another way to bring it up is to ask to clarify what you have on your wish list first. Afterwards you could say something like, do you still think it will take a while for a bag with those specs to come in?

Reactions: storytotell
I don’t think I’m an introvert, but I feel awkward asking about the bags straightforwardly. If I want to bring it up, I pause in front of the purse display and comment on something I DONT want. I think they’re used to everybody demanding a bag off that shelf so I do the opposite. For example, our store has a K25 on display in green color I would never ever buy. Last time I was at the store I said “interesting, this bag is a dream for someone and I would never want one like that. My dream bag is xxx”. And we just kept walking. I have convinced myself that I’ve dropped a seed in my SAs head. Not sure if she sees it the same way.😂

I don’t think I’m an introvert, but I feel awkward asking about the bags straightforwardly. If I want to bring it up, I pause in front of the purse display and comment on something I DONT want. I think they’re used to everybody demanding a bag off that shelf so I do the opposite. For example, our store has a K25 on display in green color I would never ever buy. Last time I was at the store I said “interesting, this bag is a dream for someone and I would never want one like that. My dream bag is xxx”. And we just kept walking. I have convinced myself that I’ve dropped a seed in my SAs head. Not sure if she sees it the same way.😂
Hopefully it doesn’t have a reverse psychology effect….lol

Reactions: birkin_croco

your SA is probably just relieved that you are not another client angling for quota bag
it might make you more popular
and that could be beneficial when you finally make your desire known in 2030

This is sensibly pro-active. The follow up question is assertive without being impatient/pushy/entitled/etc
It shows you want to be in control rather than being subservient.
Anything sympathetic that suggests you understand that it might take a while just gives your SA a but more breathing space.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags