MAC paints

shoegal27

sunglass addict
Sep 9, 2007
Hi all..
How do you all feel about the MAC paints? I love them. How do you use them? I like them as a primer, holds shadow really well. What colors do you use?

Love them! They are the only "shadows" that I use because everything else fades too quickly. My favorite is Magrittes for day, with shimma, chartru and graphito for evening looks.

I adore MAC paints! I like them because they blend so well as creams before they dry to a crease-free finish. They last all day too.

I use Stilife as a brow highlighter and eyeshadow base, Graphito as a liner or for the smoky eye look, and Mauvism for a flirtatious/date-night look. Recently, I tried a paint pot (solid version of their paints) and really like the texture of that too :biggrin:

I use MAC Paints purely as a base too, usually Bare Canvas or Baselight (So pretty!). Recently though I've been buying the Paint Pots more just because their quicker to apply and quicker to dry too and some of the colours are SO pretty.

Shadesticks make nice bases aswell, although they seem to be decreasing in popularity recently.

Mauvism is one of my favorites! so sad it's not available anymore! :confused1:
I love MAC paint pots. Paint and paint pots are basically the same thing. One is in a tube an one is in a pot. I prefer the paint pot, it's so much easier to work with. That tube is uncontrollable sometimes! Bare Study is one I use quite frequently along with my new favorite soft orche (yellow based matte) released with n collection. Cash Flow released with Fafi is awesome!!! Goldish Brown. def a must if you wear goldish brown eye shadows.

I adore MAC paints! I like them because they blend so well as creams before they dry to a crease-free finish. They last all day too.

I use Stilife as a brow highlighter and eyeshadow base, Graphito as a liner or for the smoky eye look, and Mauvism for a flirtatious/date-night look. Recently, I tried a paint pot (solid version of their paints) and really like the texture of that too :biggrin:

I tried Bare Canvas as an eyeshadow base and did NOT like it at all. It creased after a few hours, and it also seemed to make my eyeshadow disappear even faster. I prefer Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base... and I am too lazy/don't have enough time to use paints as eyeshadow. :P