mac foundations?

I haven't tried Face and Body, but Waterweight is an amazing product. I have also going through some very good reviews before purchasing, and it turned out it were all true. It is super lightweight , my skin feels naked, bare, it's breathing :smile: I am so happy with it.

I haven't tried Face and Body, but Waterweight is an amazing product. I have also going through some very good reviews before purchasing, and it turned out it were all true. It is super lightweight , my skin feels naked, bare, it's breathing :smile: I am so happy with it.
thanks for the reply
I've been looking at reviews too and agree about Waterweight. Wayne Goss and Lisa Eldridge both love Face & Body as well. And you get a lot of product for the money. But they both say you need to apply with your fingers and I prefer using a beauty blender or brush.

I didn't like Face & Body at all, too little coverage and too dewy for my oily skin
I went to the MAC counter yesterday and had her put Face & Body on one side of my face and Waterweight on the other side. (I have normal/dry skin).
When she first put it on I thought the F&B was too shiny. I don't want matte but this looked actually beyond dewy.
When I got home I asked DH to look at it in the daylight. He didn't think it looked any more shiny than the Waterweight. And he thought the color match was better. It seemed like maybe the F&B settled in to my skin after a half hour or so.
IDK....I brought home samples of both and haven't ruled out repurchasing L'Oreal Lumi in a different color than what I've been wearing.
After all that, a friend told me she has a full bottle of Giorgio Armani foundation that she believes is my color. Will see how that works out.

I have gone through several MAC foundations over the years (Mineralize original, Mineralize moisture, Studio Sculpt, Studio Fix), and as much as I generally love MAC products, I honestly think foundations are not their strong suit. They're okay, but IMHO nothing special when compared to everything else on the market for similar pricing.

I do own the Smashbox BB water foundation - which is supposedly (according to the internets) the same thing as the Waterweight - and I really do like it. It is very light, and what I'd call a natural demi-matte-bordering-on-satin finish. It reminds me of a slightly lighter version of Vitalumiere Aqua.

After all that, a friend told me she has a full bottle of Giorgio Armani foundation that she believes is my color. Will see how that works out.

Nice friend!

Last edited:
I have gone through several MAC foundations over the years (Mineralize original, Mineralize moisture, Studio Sculpt, Studio Fix), and as much as I generally love MAC products, I honestly think foundations are not their strong suit. They're okay, but IMHO nothing special when compared to everything else on the market for similar pricing.

I do own the Smashbox BB water foundation - which is supposedly (according to the internets) the same thing as the Waterweight - and I really do like it. It is very light, and what I'd call a natural demi-matte-bordering-on-satin finish. It reminds me of a slightly lighter version of Vitalumiere Aqua.

Nice friend!

I wore the Waterweight from the sample they gave me at the MAC counter the last couple of days. I've since acquired other new foundations but would purchase this in the future. To me it's a nice sort of glowy finish.