Lying in feedback?

Forgot to add, that I think potential buyers will be far less put-off if you have a neg. (or a withdrawn negative) from a seller, than they would if you had a neg. from another buyer. :yes:

Once again, thank you guys. I logged on this evening to find a response to my claim against the non-producing seller which simply says 'it was sent, courier post office'. I have replied to the effect that having undertaken to send the item special delivery, and then confirmed he had allegedly done so, there should be a reference number and merely stating the item was 'sent' was inadequate. . . Is that 'rising above it' whilst making my point? I do hope so . . .

Miss Sooky, because your transaction is over $250USD the seller must have signature confirmation of receipt to avoid a chargeback. The paypal policy for sellers is concisely laid out here: Help Center - PayPal
The fact that the seller posted 'it was sent, courier post' means nothing--that's just a statement but not proof of delivery. The important thing to pay attention to in the paypal dispute console is to escalate the claim to paypal before the time window for that option closes. Paypal changed their dispute process in 2006 (I believe) to create this communication console (their word, not mine) where at first you and the seller are posting back and forth about what happened. The aim is to get you and the seller to agree (doesn't sound likely in this case) to a resolution, all the while what you are saying is recorded. If you can't come to an agreement, you have to click on a link somewhere that says escalate to paypal. Then they formally take over. Without a delivery signature confirmation from you, paypal should refund the money to you from the seller's account. I know that paypal requires that you begin the initial dispute process (which you've done) within 45 days of making the payment but I don't know within how many days you have to escalate the claim. If you don't take the step to escalate, it gets automatically closed and you can't refile.
Let us know how it goes!

Miss Sooky, because your transaction is over $250USD the seller must have signature confirmation of receipt to avoid a chargeback. The paypal policy for sellers is concisely laid out here: Help Center - PayPal
The fact that the seller posted 'it was sent, courier post' means nothing--that's just a statement but not proof of delivery. The important thing to pay attention to in the paypal dispute console is to escalate the claim to paypal before the time window for that option closes. Paypal changed their dispute process in 2006 (I believe) to create this communication console (their word, not mine) where at first you and the seller are posting back and forth about what happened. The aim is to get you and the seller to agree (doesn't sound likely in this case) to a resolution, all the while what you are saying is recorded. If you can't come to an agreement, you have to click on a link somewhere that says escalate to paypal. Then they formally take over. Without a delivery signature confirmation from you, paypal should refund the money to you from the seller's account. I know that paypal requires that you begin the initial dispute process (which you've done) within 45 days of making the payment but I don't know within how many days you have to escalate the claim. If you don't take the step to escalate, it gets automatically closed and you can't refile.
Let us know how it goes!

Thank you this (and all of the replies from you lovely people who have taken the time to read another ebay saga and help) have been hugely appreciated and useful. I will let you know the outcome. At the moment paypal are awaiting a response from the seller which needs to be with them by 15 January, so we'll see what happens. . .

Oh dear, what a nightmare!:sad:

Ebay will only remove feedback (as in they manually remove it for you) if you've had personal details, such as telephone numbers, address etc, or obscene profanity posted on your feedback profile.

I sold a high street item once and because the tags were cut out (to prevent store returns) the buyer left me a neutral sayin that the item was not genuine.:hysteric:

Ebay would not remove that, so we completed a mutual feedback withdrawal request form, and i believe those rather fetching comments are still on my profile to this day (if quite a few pages back, lol)

So i'm afraid to say, the only way to get rid of this one is to agree to a mutually requested withdrawal. If the seller wants to, that is.

But i wouldn't worry about it too much, tbh...you've done nothing wrong, so stick by your guns and do your best to get every last penny of your money back.:yes:

As for the seller saying it was sent, but providing no proof to back this up...not good enough!! The seller can't even prove they sent it so i think the Paypal claim will be in your favour.:heart: